Welcome to Beacon Hills

"Honey, are you sure you don't want to stay here with Jace ,Clary, Simon, and Izzy?" dad asked me for the 30th time this week.

"Dad, if you and bubba are going to Beacon Hills in California, I'm coming with you guys." I replied with a smile.

Dad and bubba were getting reassigned to the institute in California. More like bubba was getting reassigned. He was going to be the head of the institute.

Dad looked at me, no glamour, and his cat eyes bore into my deep blue eyes. He quickly blinked and nodded his head.

Let me explain a bit. My name is Savannah Lightwood-Bane. You may recognize the second part of my last name. Bane, as in the High Warlock of Brooklyn Magnus Bane. Yeah, that's my dad. As for the other name you noticed, bubba, that's my other dad. His official name is Alec Lightwood. They adopted me when I was 2 weeks old. They had insisted on an infant to simulate having a baby of their own.

Dad, as mentioned before, is a warlock and bubba is a shadowhunter. They've been the best parents a girl could ask for. They are the most loving and supportive. Being the lesbian daughter of gay dads is pretty humorous.

They have been married for about 3 years. They wanted to wait until I was old enough to understand that they were getting married. They wanted to make sure that they showed me that all love is sacred.

Back to the current moment.

Bubba comes strolling into the living room wearing his signature black jeans and a fairly dark colored sweater. His dark hair was hanging in his eyes as he leaned down to give me a kiss on the forehead.

"Hey, what's this discussion about?" He asked with a look in his eyes that showed he already knew what it was about.

"Dad still wants me to stay here, in New York, with Jace, Clary, Simon, and auntie. I don't want to be here while you guys go to the other side of the country." I explained to bubba.

"Now, darling, I explained to her that we would portal whenever convenient." Dad said looking at bubba.

"Well, I'm with Savvy. Let's get packed." Bubba said with a wink walking to get the apartment packed.

----

2 weeks later the apartment had been packed up and dad had put Raphael in charge of the property. The luggage and furniture was picked up by a moving company, while dad created a portal for the 3 of us and we were on our way.

The portal blew my hair around my face, bubba held tight to my hand so I wouldn't slip out too soon. I swear he still thinks I'm 5. Being 17 means that I can portal without holding hands with either of them. But being the child of a warlock, adoptive or not, means my powers should come in soon. 

Dad said that since I'm able to peer through the glamours of the shadow world and since I've been in the presence of his magical aura, I'm more susceptible to get my powers by my 18th birthday. Some clarification, my birthday is in 4 weeks.

As the portal journey came to an end, we all bent our legs and braced for the impact of the hard ground rising to meet us.

When the wind subsided, I was met with the sight of the California institute. It rose high above the other buildings on the street. As we walked up the steps bubba took out his stele and opened the door with a rune. The doors swung open and we were greeted by the hustle and bustle of other shadowhunters. They all quickly greeted us and went about their daily routine. 

Dad and bubba led the way to wing that held our rooms.

Bubba opened the door to my room turned to me and with a smile said,

"Welcome to Beacon Hills."