Strength In Numbers

"Ryder, Liam, can you guys stop sucking face and listen please?" Stiles annoyingly knocked on the table in my living room.

The two pulled away from each other, Liam looking pretty embarrassed and Ryder looking smug.

"Stiles, stop hurting the poor babies. Just let them be happy." I said making mock kissing noises towards the couple.

"Ok, Ok. Let's continue. As for the thing that took Savannah's dads, it's still out there." Scott said looking to me.

"It's not a matter of a thing, it's a person. Only a warlock could've pulled off the spell that tore this place to pieces. My dad says he's looking into some contacts to see if any warlocks have gone rogue and are lashing out." I explained, looking around at the pack. 

"So, how do we hunt down said rogue warlock?" Stiles said, looking at me with wild eyes. I could practically see the gears turning in his head.

"I don't know. We shouldn't worry, Dad and Bubba have this all under control." I said, hoping to calm down the detective in Stiles.

"I think we should just let the shadowhunters deal with that. Anyways, we should try to find the mugger who attacked Lydia." Ryder said from her spot tucked under Liam's arm.

"Where is Lydia anyway?" Liam asked looking to me.

"How should I know?" I replied leaning back into the couch. I was hoping that I had kept my voice level and casual.

"Okay, what was that?" Scott said looking to me.

"What was what?"

"Your heartbeat just accelerated when Liam asked you about Lydia." Scott said leaning his head in my direction.

"I-I was just. Y-you know. I-I-" before I could finish blabbering, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get that," I said, moving towards the door. I opened the door and choked on the air that usually effortlessly moves through my body. My heart was definitely racing now.

On the other side of the doorway stood Lydia. She had gone to get her hair cut cleaned up a bit. The girl standing in front of me was stunning. The haircut was an angled bob and it shaped her face beautifully. I guess I was ogling too long because she began to blush.

"Can I come in Sav?" 

"Y-yeah. The pack is here." I said, raising my eyebrows in a way to tell her to be discreet. She nodded and walked past me, and I took the opportunity to lightly smack her backside. She gave a small yelp and looked over at me with a devious glare that told me I would pay for that small action.

"Hey Lyds- whoa. You cut your hair." Stiles observed looking up from his papers.

"Yeah, what do you think?" Lydia said giving a turn so that they could see the cut from all angles.

"I think it suits you," Scott said from his seat.

"I think you look sexy," Ryder said looking at Lydia.

Lydia visibly blushed at the compliment and I tried to make it look like I wasn't about to attack Lydia with kisses.

"Ok, so how do we fight this warlock?" Scott asked, diving right back into business.

"The institute is looking into it, you guys don't have to do this." I said, moving towards the pack.

"Savannah, this isn't our first run in with danger here in Beacon Hills. We need to find a solution." Stiles said looking at Lydia.

"We can't risk anyone else getting hurt, or worse." I said looking around. I could tell I struck that emotional chord once everyones faces seemed to drop. I saw Scott take in an especially deep breath.

"We know the risks. We've taken them before." Scott said.

"I know you all said you've lost friends, but how many?" I asked looking around the room.

"Let's see; Aiden, Alison, Erica, and Boyd. Those were just our friends, so many other people have died in this town. It always seems hard, but we pull through." Lydia explained.

"We fight 'til the end." Stiles said looking at me.

"You want to protect Beacon Hills, I get it. If something were to happen to any of you, I don't know what I would do." I said, and I let my gaze drift over to Lydia who was already looking at me.

"That's why we have these pack meetings, to go over plans and figure out tactics, so nobody has to think about the what ifs." Liam chimed in.

I nodded and started to explain warlocks and other downworlder codes to the pack.

"So if this warlock went rogue, we would be praised for bringing them in?" Ryder asked.

"No, you would be praised for killing them or taking them to the Clave. But either way, by attacking both Nephilim and another downworlder, they broke the Accords so they would die. I know you all are against killing, but it's not only the law- it's the oldest law." I said looking around the room.

There was silence as everyone took in all I had said.

"I say we do it, no matter what the end result will be. There needs to be justice." Stiles said looking to Scott.

"Ok, if we do this, there's no backing down. We fight until the very end." Scott said looking around the room.

"I'm all in, but I have to warn you about this. Since this warlock attacked my family, I want to be the one who brings them down." I said. They all nodded, understanding where I was coming from.

"Ok, I think we have a solid plan." Scott said packing up his stuff as they all made their way out.

I waved to them as they headed out of the institute, and then there was just Lydia and I.

"Are you ok?" She asked me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I'm ok, I'll be better once we catch this warlock." I said nustling into her neck. She pressed a soft kiss to my head and we just stood there, comfortable with each others presence.

"Remember, we're going to fight this." She said.

"To the very end." I said in response.

We had no idea how right we were. 

~~~~~

A/N: wow, it's been a long time since I updated. I want to make sure that what I post is good quality, so some updates will take longer than others, thank you for being patient. I hop you all are ready for some heartache in the future.