One Hell of a Wedding (Part 1)

About 2 weeks have passed since Lydia's mom tried to take Lydia away from Beacon Hills. The Shadowhunters put a glamour over her eyes, so she believes that Lydia is home and with her. It took some convincing to the clave in order for them to approve such a move to be made on a mundane. Bubba explained that Lydia was an integral part to catching Dylan, and if her mom came back, the plan would become sidetracked again. This helped push the clave to approve the plan to glamour Ms. Martin's memory, under the circumstance that once Dylan was caught the glamour must be removed; Bubba agreed.

10:26am

So here we were, the morning of the wedding. The last 2 weeks went by in a whirlwind. All the proper people had responded to the fire message invitation and they would be in attendance and that they would bring the needed materials to apprehend Dylan. Bubba was rushing through the house, looking for his suit jacket.

"Which one love?" Bubba came into the kitchen where I was eating my waffles while Dad brewed some coffee. Lydia was sitting next to me, slowly eating strawberries and cantaloupe.

"What?" Bubba asked, once again his hair askew on his head.

"Which suit jacket are you looking for?" Dad clarified his question.

"The black one with white flowers embroidered on the lapels." Bubba gestured as he stepped forward to grab the mug of coffee Dad held out to him. We all watched as Bubba took two heaping gulps before setting the mug down.

"It's in the closet, all the way to the left. It's behind my red silk robe." Dad answered running his hand through the bird nest Bubba called his hair. Bubba seemed to lean into the touch before swiftly turning back to their bedroom.

Dad just let out a low laugh as he watched his husband fretting.

"Alright ladies, you ready for this?" Dad clapped his hands together and his eyes glinted with his signature feline eyes.

Lydia seemed to pale at the idea of this plan, but she nods in agreement. 

"I'm ready to marry Lydia, and I'm so ready for Dylan to get caught." I said, small blue sparks flickering from my fingertips.

Dad gave us a warm smile and called Aunt Izzy to come get Lydia to go get ready.

"You ok Lyds?" I asked her, reaching over to take her hand.

"Yeah, just a little nervous." She said, looking unsure, but steady.

"I'll see you later, when you're walking down the aisle." I smiled at her and leaned over to give her a small, chaste kiss.

She smiled and soon Aunt Izzy and Aunt Clary were coming to get Lydia. Dad was going to help me get ready while Bubba set up security perimeters and got everyone in place. The wedding is set to start at 5pm. Everything was getting into motion, and hopefully soon we would have Dylan in custody.

~~

1:43 pm

Bubba held up my white suit and shoes so that I could start getting ready. He had set a spell in motion that was washing and styling my hair with no mess, just magic. 

"Do you think you need more bling?" He asked, looking at the simple silver chocker and diamond studs I was planning to wear.

"I like it simple, plus when the fighting starts I won't have to worry about anything getting lost." I said with a small chuckle.

Dad smiled and set the clothes back on my bed. He walked over to me and picked up the pearl nail polish and began on my nails.

"I can't believe my little girl is getting married today," he said in a faux, watery tone.