Messes and Lost Memories

So I rewrote this chapter because as I reread what I wrote with Magnus's reaction made it seem that he hated all downworlders - even with him being one himself. So I changed it. Just in case you re read this and see the difference, that's why.

~~

"You did what?" Bubba asked me pacing the common area. I had explained to dad and Bubba about the incident.

"I just ran. I didn't know what to do. All of the mundanes saw me." I saw, keeping my eyes trained on the floor. Tears threatened to spill but I held them back.

I heard Bubba take a deep breath and heard his foot steps disappear to the office area, I knew he had to call the Clave. The Clave is like the government of the shadowhunters. All things have to be reported to them, especially when those things involve mundanes.

Dad sat next to me on the couch and I curled into his side. Neither of them had let me go back to school and insisted that I stay in their sight, in case my powers made a reappearance.

Dad ran his fingers through my hair. A tear fell, then another, which led to the sobs escaping my body. He just sat a rocked me back and forth as I cried. I felt like I screwed everything up and now I was in some deep shit.

"Daddy, I messed up and I- I don't know what to do. I was doing so well." I cried as Dad cooed and rubbed soothing circles in my back. I began to drift off feeling the magic seep from Dad's hand into my back. Damn spell

I tried to resist the sweet pull of sleep, but eventually I had to give in.

~~

"Magnus, the Clave wants you to spell the school. Cover up what happened. Make up whatever story. They also think it would be best to wipe this from Savannah's mind. If she knew she did this, the guilt could manifest in the form of stronger magic."  Alec said pacing the room.

Savannah wouldn't be sleep for long. The sleeping spell would be temporary, so they had to move fast.

"You know I don't approve of using magic on our daughter." Magnus spat out at his husband.

Alec kept a still face as he walked closer to Magnus. He wrapped his arms around the man and pulled him close.

"We don't know what magic will claim her. We have to protect her. With her birthday in a week, we need to be ready." Alec whispered, giving his husband a small kiss on the top of his head.

"I'll wipe her memory, but we can't let her know what she did. This will all be a thing of the past."

~~

I woke up in my room. The shades were open so the setting sun sent orange rays into my room. The clock on my bedside table said 6:13. I felt like I was supposed to do something. I racked my brain but nothing would come.

I pulled back my blankets and I saw that I was in clothes for school, but I didn't remember anything from the day. I pulled myself from the warmth of my bed and went in search of Bubba and Dad.

"Daddy?" I asked down the hall. The only noise was the whir of the institute machines upstairs.

"Bubba?" I continued my search until I came to the room they shared. I knocked and walked in to see them both asleep on their bed. Dad was snuggled into Bubba's side and they seemed so at peace that it seemed. I just quietly shut the door and went in search of food. 

I sat at the kitchen counter with my newfound pint of butter pecan ice cream and divulged in the flavors. With my birthday next week, I felt like my body was buzzing with energy. Every fiber in my body was electrified and alive. Just thinking about the magic running through my veins caused the little blue sparks to jump between my fingers. I took a deep breath and watched until the last spark had died away.

Once I finished my not so healthy meal, I decided to go meet up with Scott and the others. I tried to think of where they said they would be tonight, but it was all fuzzy. I couldn't remember anything except coming home. I wrote a note to Bubba and Dad telling them where I will be.

I grabbed a jacket and headed to Scott's house, with my luck they will all be there and will want to hang out. 

I made my way down the sidewalk towards Scott's house and just relished in the quiet sounds as the night made an appearance. I like it here in Beacon Hills, less hectic than New York and it seemed that nothing demonic or supernatural was happening in this town.