Birthdays

Today was the day, my birthday.

I woke up to my alarm and I was dreading the day. Today, at any given moment, my powers could come in full force and expose magic to the mundanes that we live around. A knock on my bedroom door pulled me from my thoughts.

"Nghhh," I groaned out.

"Happy birthday to the sweetest girl in the world," Dad said opening the door and making his way to my bedside.

"Where's bubba?" I asked noticing the absence of my raven haired father.

"He was called into a meeting at the crack of dawn, but he gave me this to give to you." Dad replied pulling a slender black box out of the pocket of his robe.

I sat up in bed and pushed the duvet back. I took the box and opened it, inside sat a stele. The silver, inlayed carvings caught the early morning light and the translucent tip glowed with angelic power.

"He thought it was high time you had one of your own." Dad said watching my look of awe.

"It's gorgeous!" I said, once I found the will to use my words.

I took it out of the box and held it in my hand. Being around shadowhunters my entire life, I found a comfortable grip. Inside the box was a note from bubba.

Happy birthday. Today you are a legal adult, both to the mundanes and the nephilim. This stele was picked out by your aunt Izzy and Clary. They thought you would really like it. Magnus has another part to your gift.

Love, bubba.

I smiled at the note and looked up to dad. He stood and walked over to the door, leaned out and picked something up from the floor.

He turned back to me and in his hands he held 2 books. One looked like the gray book, a book full of every rune used by shadowhunters. The other book was bound in dark leather and looked fairly aged.

"This is the gray book, I had a copy brought over from Idris so you can study. Though this institute does have one in the library, I wanted you to have your own. Also this spell book will be helpful when the time comes. The text won't make sense until your powers come in fully, then you will be a full fledged warlock." He stated placing the two books on my bedside table.

My phone began to chime.

Stiles: Happy Birthday! See you at school.

Scott: Happy Birthday, have an awesome day.

Lydia: Happy Happy Birthday xoxo

The hugs and kisses at the end of Lydia's message made my heart flutter and dad could tell that something in my smile that had sprouted on my face was special.

"And who has you smiling at this hour?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Nothing, just texts from my friends. I gotta get dressed for school." I said moving from under the duvet and getting put of bed.

He just silently nodded and headed out of the room so that I could get ready for school. Since it was my birthday, I decided to be special with my look for the day.

I showered in my vanilla creme body wash and shampoo, dried and straightened my hair. I put on a little makeup, enough to tell I was wearing some. My outfit consisted of a black skater skirt, a red crop top, and white high top converse. I spritzed some perfume on and picked up my backpack and phone. My stele was stashed in the waistband of my skirt, the iratze rune that had healed me last night had faded away and was just a faint marking on my arm.

I walked into the kitchen to see that dad had made my lunch and a small container of yogurt sat next to my lunch. I smiled, called out a goodbye and headed out the door. Though I was 18, I had my license, but I didn't have a car. I just opted to walk places.

Once I made it to school and to my locker I smiled. My friends were all gathered around my locker and talking; waiting for me. When they noticed my arrival they all said a collective happy birthday and gave me hugs.

Lydia's hug lingered longer than everyone else's. I smiled as Lydia and Ryder complemented my outfit.

When the bell rang, we all made our way to our respective classes.

Today was going great.

~~

"So what are you doing tonight?" Scott and Stiles asked me as they walked me home. They all wanted to hang out with me for my birthday. Lydia and the others were in tow behind us.

"I was just going to have dinner with my dads and watch a movie -" My sentence was cut off as I felt the surge of power. It was stronger than all of the other surges of power that I had felt in the past.

"Savannah, are you ok?" Ryder asked as she walked up behind me.

"I-I'm fine, I just-" I couldn't finish because I felt my eyes changing; the warlock mark. I must have inherited dad's just like I inherited the aura.

I squeezed my eyes shut and willed the feline feature to recede. I pulled my stele out of my waistband and sent a fire message to dad and bubba. I didn't care if my mundane friends saw.

Help. Powers. HELP.

I sent it and my knees buckled.

"What was that, what's going on?" Stiles asked dropping down beside me.

"Happy birthday to me," I said and then I let go. I let the levee break and all the magic flowed out in one large surge. It knocked all of my friends off their feet and I sat in the middle of the sidewalk as I heard bubba running down the sidewalk towards me.

I looked up at him as he knelt by me and my stunned friends.

"Those eyes look just like his, they're beautiful." I smiled as I felt the burden of all the magic gone. Now it was just a low hum.

How do I explain this to my friends?

Surviving Beacon Hills (A Teen Wolf Shadowhunters Crossover)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara