Heartache

"Savanah's memory is still blocked?" Alec said looking at Magnus.

"The clave said I shouldn't lift the spell. Also we don't know how she will react to knowing she hurt someone." Magnus said, running his hands along his sideburns.

"Well, I think we need to tell her at some point, I don't like knowing that we are keeping something from her. We all agreed to no secrets." Alec said, beginning to pace behind the couch in the living room.

"My love, please don't fret. We can find a way to tell her, but we should probably wait until this whole mission thing is over." Magnus said getting up and wrapping his arms around his husband.

"Fine, but I wish we could do it sooner." Alec said, laying his head in the crook of his neck.

As this conversation was happening, not so quietly, Savannah was laying in her room staring at her ceiling. She listened as her parents were talking and now all she wanted to know is what she did. She waited until she heard her parents leave the living room, in the process passing by her room. Her eyes began to sting with tears as her heart clenched. Her parents were keeping secrets from her, and not only that- her Dad had used magic on her without her knowing.

Things were changing in her house, and they weren't for the best.

~~~

I stood on the stoop of Lydia's house, my hair was a little tousled from the portal I took over here. My eyes were puffy and I probably looked like a train wreck. I knocked on her door and I heard the sound of her feet approaching the door. 

By the time she opened the door, I could tell by the look on her face that she saw my distress.

"What's wrong Sav?" She asked opening the door wider and I walked inside.

"M-My dads are lying to me. They blocked my memory because apparently I hurt someone." I said, fresh tears began to make tracks down my face.

She pulled me into her arms and that embrace seemed to help me just go limp and sob in her arms. She held me for about 10 minutes before my tears were reduced to sniffles, then hiccups. She rubbed my back as I wiped the remaining tears from my eyes.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked Lydia.

"No, I-I don't. I think I might have been there, but I don't remember." She said, confusion evident in her voice.

I sat back and looked at her.

"My Dad wiped your memory too? What did I do?" I asked looking at her.

"Maybe he had a good reason," She said.

"But they told me that we wouldn't be keeping anymore secrets. They have been keeping this from me and I don't even know when this happened."

My heart was aching and I couldn't take it. More tears streamed down my face and Lydia pulled me back into her arms. That's how the afternoon went, me coddled in my girlfriend's arms, crying into her shoulder. My chest ached from the heartache and betrayal. But the worst was yet to come, now I had to act like none of this even happened. I had to face them and act like everything was fine.

Nothing was fine, and the heartache still remained.

~~~

Sorry for such a short update, I wanted to finally address the memory wipe and there will be more to come in the next chapter.