Introductions

The next few weeks went by pretty fast. I had only made 2 friends at Beacon Hills High, their names were Stiles and Malia. They seem pretty cool. They introduced me to the rest of their friend group; a boy named Scott who's a senior, a sophomore named Liam, Liam's girlfriend named Ryder, and the strawberry blonde who is a senior and her name is Lydia. They let me into their circle of friends and were pretty open minded and understanding of my having two dads. We all got along great, and they were even more accepting when I told them I was gay.

Since becoming friends with the group, I have been happier and days went by fast. Bubba and dad noticed the change and they were happy that I was adjusting well to the move.

"So, when can we meet these new friends of yours" dad asked as he sat on the couch beside me.

"I don't know. As far as I know, they're all mundanes. That means they shouldn't be allowed to enter the institute." I said, continuing to type on my laptop.

"We could let the wards down and glamour the building to look like an apartment complex." Bubba said bringing me some of the leftover takeout from the kitchen.

"I guess, just please don't embarrass me like in New York." I said with a chuckle.

"In my defense, I thought you were dating Samantha!" Dad laughed as he made his comment.

"I was dating Maxine and was going to break it off, but you helped me there." I burst into a fit of giggles as I ate the lo mein from the white carton.

I decided that I would invite them over after school tomorrow.

~~~~~

"So my parents wanted to know if you guys wanted to come over after school today." I looked at the group as they looked at each other.

"Sure, what's the address?" Scott, gave the ultimate answer.

"It's the apartment complex off Edmund street. Apartment 32, its the Lightwood-Bane residence." I told them.

"What are your parents like?" Stiles asked looking at me.

"Yeah, you haven't told us about them." Lydia said tilting her head to the side. Her hair fell in her face and I almost choked on my own breath at how beautiful she looked. Control yourself, she's straight.

"Well, I'm adopted. My dads raised me from an infant. Their names are Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood, hence my hyphenated last name." I looked around the group as they processed all that I had said.  

"They are loving and super sweet. They are extremely embarrassing and they are looking forward to meeting all of you."

~~~

Bzzzzzz

The buzzer sounded relaying the information that my friends had arrived.

Dad and Bubba finished setting out the snacks and made their way to the door and buzzed the group in. They opened the door and greeted the group as they walked in the door.

Though the outside was glamoured, the inside still looked like the common room of the institute. As far as I could tell, all of them were mundanes and nothing was giving them away. We all sat around and talked while munching on the snacks that my dads had provided.

All was going well until Bubba got a call. He whispered to dad and dad nodded as Bubba picked up his jacket. He went into their bedroom and grabbed his hunting gear.

"It was nice meeting you all, but I have to run out for a while," Bubba said and kissed me on the forehead.

"Be safe out there. I don't know these hunters as well as Uncle Jace and Aunt Clary." I whispered to him.

I saw Scott, Liam, and Ryder all tense when I was whispering. I think dad and Bubba saw it too.

After Bubba left, dad made us his famous ice cream sundaes and we all binged and ate our hearts out.

When they all left, they said polite goodbyes and disappeared down the hallway. Dad wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"I like your new friends."

"So do I." I answered thinking exclusively about the strawberry blond