Late Night Confession

Dad and Bubba offered to let everyone stay the night, seeing as they were all very confused and would want to ask more question. Scott, Lydia, and Stiles opted to stay while Ryder, Malia, and Liam headed to their respective homes.

"Why were you so shocked when we told you Lydia was a banshee?" Stiles asked as we laid out some pillows for the impromptu sleepover.

"Well, banshees are the harbingers of death. It's shocking that a town like Beacon Hills would have one. Not much happens here." Bubba explained.

"Well nothing that shadowhunters deal with. We have fought off alpha packs, oni, nogitsune, berserkers, and hunters. Not to mention Le Bête du Gevaudan." Lydia rattled off counting with her perfectly manicured nails.

"Le Bête? I thought it was only a myth." Dad said with a gasp.

"We wish it was, but it wasn't. He wasn't." Scott said, taking the blankets that Dad had brought in. We all opted to stay in the living room, Dad and Bubba would of course stay in their room.

"How are you all still alive?" I asked looking at the three people in front of me.

"We aren't. We lost a lot of our friends to this fight." Stiles said fidgeting with his hands.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." I said feeling stupid at my question.

The room filled with silence with the occasional meow from our cat, Chairman Meow.

The tension broke when Scott let out a belch that puts everyone to shame. Everyone chuckled, soon we were all crying with laughter, who knows why.

Soon we all fell back into casual chatter while Bubba and Dad headed to bed giving me a kiss on the head.

"Your dads are pretty cool," Stiles said adjusting the flannel and t-shirt he was wearing.

"Yeah, they are pretty awesome." I said turning the tv on. I switched the input to put Netflix on and I just decided to choose a random movie.

We all sat, chatted, watched shows and movies and soon fatigue started to creep in. Stiles and Scott receded into their blankets on the floor and soon their snores filled the room. Lydia and I had decided to share the couch. We laid head-to-toe, so her feet were currently beside my head.

"Lyds? Are you up?" I whispered into the dark room.

"Yeah," she said from the other end of the couch, her voice dragging from fatigue.

"Do you ever wonder what your life would be like without all of the strange things we know?"

"I used to, but now I just let the chips fall where they may."

How is it that she was thrown into the world of the supernatural as a harbinger of death, and she's completely and totally fine with it?

"You are absolutely amazing," I said out loud.

There was no response. Soon I heard he deep breaths, sleep had taken her.

What Savannah didn't know, Lydia heard her; and thought the same of the warlock nephilim.