Pancakes and Pillows

Happy New Year!! To celebrate the new year, here's an update!

~

Waking up in my own bed was refreshing, better than that was Lydia spread out beside me. Her strawberry blonde hair lay tousled across the pillow as she soundly slept. I decided to get up and at least wash my face before heading to get some breakfast. I slowly moved out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

After I had used the toilet, brushed my hair, washed my face, and brushed my teeth, I threw on some flannel shorts and a loose fitting shirt. There was nothing on my agenda for the day, so I just wanted to lounge around with Lydia.

When I walked back to the bed I saw that Lydia was beginning to wake up. She groaned as she stretched her arms above her head. She ran her fingers through her hair and looked around the room. I cleared my throat and she turned towards me.

"There you are, I thought you would still be sleeping." She said slipping from under the duvet.

"I decided to get dressed and maybe we could go make some breakfast." I said walking towards her.

Her small frame was drowned in the oversize sweater she was sporting. Her shorts were all but nonexistent under the sweatshirt. I wrapped my arms around her waist and nestled my head in the space between her neck and shoulder. I took in a deep breath and I could smell the vanilla body wash that she used.

Her arms were loosely draped around my neck, playing with the short strands of hair.

I pulled back and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Pancakes?" I asked her.

"Pancakes."

~

20 minutes later, the pancakes were done but the kitchen was a mess. I used a quick cleaning spell and soon the mess was just a memory.

Lydia and I sat at the table and ate in silence, not an awkward one; just silence.

"So what are your plans for the day?"  She asked me, looking up from her plate.

"Well I was gonna head to the training room for a while, but after these pancakes, I just feel like vegetating for a while." I said finishing off my last pancake.

We cleared off the table and then flopped onto the couch.

"Where are your dads?" Lydia asked as she curled up under the blanket that was on the couch.

"I think they are still asleep, nobody blames them. They might sleep all day, it wouldn't be the first time." I said the last part with a chuckle.

"What do you mean?" Lydia asked, propping her head up with her hand.

"Well there was this time we went to Idris and they were going to meetings all day and that night there were little parties and they had to make appearances. With Dad being the high warlock of Brooklyn, he represents warlocks in Idris so he had even more things to tend to." I began to tell her about how Dad and Bubba had worked so hard that by the time they made it back to the house they were exhausted and ended up sleeping for a day and a half.

While I was telling the story, Lydia listened with so much concentration and she seemed to really enjoy the story.

I stood up after a while and grabbed some pillows and more blankets and brought them back to the couch.

"I think we should make use of this uneventful day and make a pillow fort," I declared dropping the supplies on Lydia's lap.

She seemed to enjoy the thought of the idea and she rushed to grab the chairs from around the dinner table and I grabbed some sheets from my bed along with my laptop.

"Do you have any lights?" Lydia called down the hall to me.

"Don't worry about that, I've got it." I said, with an idea creeping into my mind.

Once we had gathered everything needed for the fort, we began constructing. Here we were, two 18 year olds giggling like children as we construct a pillow fort in my living room. At some point I guess Bubba and Dad woke up because I heard their low laughter from the hall as they watched the fort being built.

"What are you two doing?" Dad asked walking towards us as we positioned the chairs around the couch.

"Pillow fort," we both mumbled as we began to drape the sheets over the chairs and the couch. Soon we piled the pillows up inside the fort and soon we were done. Dad and Bubba watched as we grabbed snacks from the kitchen and made our way into the fort.

"Are you planning on living in there off of the snacks?" Bubba asked.

"Maybe!" I said laughing as I drew the sheets closed as a makeshift door. I heard Dad and Bubba chuckle and walk back down to their room. I pulled up my laptop and opened up Netflix so we could watch some shows.

"What about the lights?" Lydia asked looking at the dark corners of the fort.

"I can fix that."

I began a small spell; a light spell.

"Lumiere, vitro."

Soon small orbs of light began to float around the space in the fort and the space was filled with the warm glow of the magical lights.

"Wow," Lydia gawked at the lights.

The lights caught her hair and the strawberry blond locks seemed to become fluorescent.

"What?" Lydia asked looking at me, catching me staring.

"You're beautiful," I said looking into her hazel eyes.

She blushed in response. I cleared my throat and moved closer to her, moving my laptop to the side.

"Lyds, you are beautiful. I'm gonna tell you every time I see you." I said cupping her face in my hands.

She held my wrists as she studied my face.

"I'm gonna kiss you now." I said taking a breath.

"Wow, no vomit this time?" She chuckled, it was my turn to blush.

"Let's hope not." I said, earning another chuckle from her.

I leaned in as did she. Both of our eyes fluttered shut as we got closer and soon our lips touched. Sparks. That's the only explanation for the feeling that was running through my veins. My heart started racing as she hesitantly moved her hands from my wrists to the back of my neck. She toyed with the short strands of hair at the nape of my neck, while I wound my hands in her vibrant locks.

She began to feel more confident as she started to move her mouth against mine, adding more pressure. She took control as we found a comfortable position laying on the couch, surrounded by the floating orbs of light.

I pulled back for some air and nestled my head into her neck. I planted light kisses on her collar bone and she sighed as she felt my lips move across her skin.

"I don't want to leave this fort." She whispered into my ear, her lips brushing against the skin.

"Me neither. If we play our cards right, we won't have to." I said as we moved so I was cuddling with her, being the 'big spoon'.

"If I know Beacon Hills, that won't happen." Lydia said as she moved her body closer to mine.

"Well, let's hope you don't know Beacon Hills."

We spent the remainder of the day cuddled on the couch laughing, talking, and sneaking in kisses; all while Dad and Bubba listened from their room.

Magnus and Alec were happy. Savannah was happy. Of course it wasn't going to last