Demons

"Female Jane Doe, 19 years old, stab wound to the abdomen. Bleeding profusely, I need 3 units of O negative stat!" The EMTs rushed through the doors, holding gauze to the bleeding wound. The gurney being rushed through the doors. I followed, blood staining my shirt and hands.

"Where are you hurt? Ma'am where are you hurt?" I vaguely heard someone ask me.

"It's not my blood," my eyes never left the gurney. I tried to follow, but the nurses stopped me.

I watched the gurney turn the corner and I saw a fleeting glance of strawberry blonde hair.

"Ma'am, what's your relationship to the patient?"

"She's not a Jane Doe, her name is Lydia Martin. She's my girlfriend." I stated, still staring after where the gurney had been pushed.

"Where is Melissa McCall?" I asked the nurse.

"I need to talk to Melissa McCall."

~~

I sat on the bed in an empty room, the nurses were paging for Melissa. Lydia's blood was all over me, and I couldn't seem to move to wipe it all off.

"Savannah, what happened?" Melissa asked walking into the room, closing the door.

"We were out a-and I-I couldn't hel-help her." I stuttered out.

"Ok, I know you must be processing everything right now, let's just clean you up and call your dads."

20 minutes later I was still in the same room but I was clad in a hospital gown while my other clothes were inspected.

"Hey there bug," Bubba stuck his head in the door, followed by dad. The sight of my fathers brought tears to my eyes.

"Bubba," I cried as Bubba made his way over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and cooed softly in my ear as I cried.

"What happened?" Dad asked.

I took a deep breath and began to tell them what happened.

"We were headed to Scott's house. On our way Lydia told me she had a feeling. I know that banshees are the real deal, so I pulled out my stele and drew on a soundless rune, and we began to run. We had almost made it to Scott's house, when the demon appeared. It had glamoured itself to look like a run of the mill mugger, but of course I could see though the glamour. Lydia only saw the mugger. The demon lunged at us, it was screeching and the sound was unbearable. I tried to stick me with a claw like arm, but Lydia jumped in front of me.

"It punctured her side and she screamed. I had never heard a banshee scream until then. It was so powerful, it pushed the demon back. In the process the claw became dislodged and she began to lose blood. I couldn't use a rune on her since she's still a mundane. I looked around for the demon, but it was gone.

"I tried to stop the bleeding, but I couldn't. So I called the ambulance and here we are. They took her into the OR, and I haven't heard anything."

I finished recounting what happened. Bubba was rubbing my back as Dad paced by the door. He would momentarily glance out the glass pane in the door. There was a knock and then Melissa came into the room.

"Hey, so Lydia is in surgery. Nothing vital was punctured, but I'm guessing this isn't a normal stab wound." She said looking at me and my dads.

"I'm Magnus. I'm not sure we've formally met since we moved to Beacon Hills. This is my husband Alec. I'm a warlock and he's a shadowhunter. We believe this was a demon attack, based of Savannah's recount." He said shaking Melissa's hand.

"Warlock? Shadowhunter? I've heard and seen a lot in Beacon Hills, but I think this is a first." She said looking to me.

"Don't worry, Scott can explain it to you more in depth later. You really raised a great son." Bubba said, walking over to shake Melissa's hand. She smiled at the statement.

"What about Lydia?" I asked waiting for Melissa to continue about my girlfriend's condition.

"She's in surgery and it should be a quick procedure to stitch her up and make sure no internal damage was done."

"Thank you," I said looking down and messing with my hands.

"No problem, you should go to room 387, she'll be there soon. It would be nice to wake up to a warm and welcoming face." Melissa said as she left the room.

"I told you we should have kept you in New York." Dad mumbled running his hands through his short cut hair.

"Demons are everywhere. We just have to deal with whatever crazy gets thrown at us." I said looking at my fathers.

"We live in Beacon Hills. New York will always be our home, but you guys were tasked with protecting Beacon Hills. You have to do what you were brought here to do; fight and protect. Some people will get hurt, but pain is temporary." I said thinking of how badly I wanted to protect Lydia.

"What spurred that little motivational speech," Bubba chucked petting down my hair.

"I want to learn to fight. I want to be able to defend myself." I said.

"That's a reasonable request, we can get the sparring room on Monday." Bubba said looking and Dad who just nodded in response.

"Watch out Beacon Hills."