Recovery

There is brief mention of blood

~~~~~~

When your body is in immense pain, its response is to shut down and assess the damage. In most cases, the injured person passes out from the trauma to the body. My injuries were severe. I heard the muffled voices of people around me, but what they were saying was a mystery. I could feel pressure being put on my two stab wounds. My leg was throbbing and felt like it was on fire.

The voices around me began to become recognizable.

"Why can't you just draw one of those rune things on her?" I heard Stiles ask.

There was a pause then a deep sigh.

"We don't know exactly what Dylan did to her. If the blades were tainted, a rune could make things worse." I heard Bubba answer. It sounded like he was by my broken leg.

"Love, you need to hold her for this." I heard Bubba state, presumably to Dad. I then felt gentle yet shaking hands grasp me around my upper body. My mind was pretty foggy, so I couldn't put together what was about to happen.

There was the sound of shuffling feet and then someone took my right hand and another person was holding my left hand. The hold was firm and it worried me. Before I could even think of anything else, my leg was pulled back into place with an audible snap.

"Aghhhh," My eyes flew open at the pain and tears brimmed in my eyes. Dad held me still as Bubba splinted my leg. I saw Scott and Stiles at my side holding my hands. Malia was standing a few feet away with Ryder and Liam.

I didn't see Lydia. 

"W-where's Lydia?" I managed to get out. The pain throbbing from my leg was radiating through my body.

I glanced around as my friends frowned at my pain.

"She's being checked out. We want to make sure Dylan didn't leave a spell on her." Dad said, still holding onto my torso tightly.

"We should move her up to the clinic." Bubba said, still holding my leg steady. Dad nodded and gently let go of me. Scott sat behind me to let me lean on him in the absence of dad. Dad came back moments later with a gurney.

"We need to lift her up now, but be gentle." Dad said moving back towards me, taking over where Scott was leaving. The stab wounds in my abdomen were still bleeding and the blood was seeping through the bandages that had been applied.

"Magnus, she's bleeding through the dressing on her abdomen. We need to move now." Bubba sounded frantic now.

"Dad, my head. I feel dizzy." I said as the room seemed to begin to tilt.

"She's losing too much blood." Dad said, holding tight to me.

"On my count. 1,2,3," and on three my body was hoisted onto the gurney. I groaned as my body came in contact with the cushions on the gurney. With the sudden movement, my dizziness increased and soon nausea became an issue.

"'m gonna vomit." I said. Nobody could move fast enough because seconds later I was vomiting down the front of my shirt.

"Oh, my love." Dad said, running his fingers through my hair. The gurney began to move as they transported me to the medical wing. I could vaguely see the pack following us as we moved down the hall.

My head was spinning, so I closed my eyes and soon everything faded away as I slipped into unconsciousness.

~~~~

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The heart monitor relayed the steady sound of my heartbeat throughout the room. I pried my eyes open, which was a task in itself. My body felt weak and the mere task of opening my eyes felt like it exerted most of my energy.