Let's Plan a Wedding

A/N: Long time no update. I know it's been a while. Between school and writers block, this chapter took a while to plan and write. I hope to have another update in the next week or so. Also I've decided to have this story be completed in 4 more chapters, so get ready for the end. Enjoy!

~

"Ok, so what's the strategy this time?" Scott asked.

The pack was gathered in the institute to plan out the attack on Dylan. Lydia and the rest of the pack were sitting around the dinner table. I was standing at the head of the table while dad sat in the chair in front me.

"We are thinking of finding a way to draw him back to Beacon Hills." Dad said, linking his hands under his chin and resting his head there.

"Well how do you lure a vengeful warlock back to the town where he attacked an alpha's pack and the head of the institute's daughter?" Stiles asked, twirling a pen between his fingers.

"Stiles has a point." Liam said, pointing to the older boy.

"I think we need to give him a reason to come back, something that he would have to come back for." Ryder said, thinking out loud.

"How about a wedding?" Lydia spoke from her seat.

There was a silence, but no objections. I looked over at her and I saw in her eyes what she meant.

"No. No. We are not using you as bait!" I said, grabbing the back of Dad's chair. Dad lifted a hand and placed it on mine and I sagged as he began to speak.

"Lydia, I understand what you want to do, but it's too dangerous." Dad said.

"Why a wedding?" Malia asked.

"Dylan needs a reason to come back. Something to push his agenda against the downworld. What better way than a wedding between a Nephilim and a banshee?" Lydia explained.

Once again there was silence as everyone thought over the proposed plan.

"I think you two should take some time to think this over before we commit to anything." Bubba said, moving away from the table. It was getting late and we did have school in the morning.

"I can arrange for a portal to take you all home, if you all would like." Dad asked, looking to the pack.

"Oh, don't worry about that. We can make it back alright." Scott assured them as he and the rest of the pack got up from the table.

"You coming Lyds?" Ryder asked, looking to Lydia who hadn't moved from the table.

"I'm gonna stay here tonight, if that's alright," she responded looking to my dads and I while asking her question.

"You know you're always welcome," Bubba said, stretching his arms above his head.

"Alright, see you guys later," Stiles said as the pack made their way out of the apartment. 

Once the door closed behind them, we all began to wind down by sitting on the couches in the living room.  We turned on the tv and began to watch some mindless show, none of us truly paying attention.

"Alright, I'm going to bed." Dad said patting Bubba's leg and standing up. They both stretched and headed back to their room.

"I think your dads are wary of my plan," Lydia said, shifting her body on the couch next to me; meeting my gaze.

"You have to think about how they are seeing this. We just got you back, we are all in one piece, but this plan his genius and it scares them. It scares them that you want to put yourself out on the line, in a battle that you shouldn't have to fight." I explained, taking her hands in mine.

Lydia stared at our joined hands and she ran her fingers over mine. Then she started to trace my left ring finger, a dazed look in her eyes.

"What are you thinking?" I asked her, curious about what was going on in her mind.

"I want to be with you forever. I want to love you forever. I suggested this plan because, even if it's only a ruse; I want to know how it feels to marry you." Lydia finished her sentence looking me in the eyes, her uneasiness easy to see in her eyes.

"Lyds," I could only utter her name. The love that swelled in my chest for her was incredible.

All I could do was grasp her face with my hands, letting go of hers, and pulling her closer. I met her lips with mine and there we were, sharing a kiss full of compassion and love. I pulled back to see her frozen in time, her eyes half shut and her lips still chasing mine.

"I love you so much Lyds. Once this mess is over, we will have so much time together. I promise I will give you so much love, then down the line- we will marry each other." I said, looking her in the eyes.

"I know we've literally known each other for no more than 5 months, but this just feels different. It feels so strong, like we're being pulled together by fate- and I know that sounds crazy." Lydia said, her face heating up with a faint blush.

"I know what you mean. We have no reason to rush this. I'm going to be here with you for a long time, whether your mom wants me to or not." I said while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 

She just smiled and came closer to me, hugging me close and we just stayed there for a while, basking in each others company.

"We should go to bed. School bright and early." Lydia said, almost mumbling into my chest.

I just gave an overdramatic huff as I pulled the both of us off the couch. We turned off the tv, made sure the door was locked, and turned off any other lights that were left on. I used a spell to create an orb of light in my hand, almost like a witchlight, as we made our way down the hall to my room. Dad and Bubba's light was off, they were pretty worn from the day.

Once we made it to my room, I closed the door and shuffled over to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I made sure to comb through my hair before going back into my room. Lydia was laying on my bed, casually scrolling through her phone; clad only in one of my humorously oversized shirts. She looked so comfortable in my bed like this, as if this was where she was always meant to be.

"You're staring." She giggled out, looking at me over her phone.

"You're beautiful." I stated as I moved to get in bed beside her. She just smiled and moved over so I could pull the duvet back.

She reached over to place her phone next to mine on the bedside table. Once that was done, she draped an arm across my torso and I put an arm around her shoulder.

"I love you Savannah. Are you sure my plan isn't insane?"

"I love you too. Your plan isn't insane, but I have a good feeling it'll work."

We looked at each other and she leaned in and gave me a quick chaste kiss.

"Well, looks like we have a fake wedding to plan." She said with a chuckle. We fell asleep in each others arms, dreams filled with the images of our wedding; both fake and the eventual reality.

Dylan was out there waiting for a reason to go back to Beacon Hills. Little did he know his reason would come sooner than he thought.