Pack Parties

"Alright, so Scott is hosting the sleepover tonight!" Stiles yelled walking up to Lydia and I as we were getting books from my locker. 

Lydia looked a little rumpled, as did I. My alarm went off but we were both so tired it didn't register. So we had to quickly get dressed then I made a portal and we portaled to school, a block away, and booked it. We made it just in time for the bell and now Stiles was holding us up.

"Ok, I guess this happens often," I looked at Lydia who just nodded and smiled.

"So Scotty and I are gonna get the snacks, Liam and Ryder are in charge of games and movies. Lydia, you can help set up before." Stiles began to assign duties.

"What about me and Malia?" I asked, straightening the flannel tied around my waist. 

"Malia is going out of town with Peter so she's out of the picture for this. As for you, you just have to bring your," Stiles paused and looked to his left then the right and leaned in, "stele and spellbook." He said this with a hint of glee in his voice.

"Why?" I asked, feeling the stele in my boot. 

"You'll see tonight." He just said while shrugging.

"Well ok, I'll just have to ask my dads if I can come." I said closing my locker.

"Ok. See you guys tonight!" Stiles called as Lydia and I made our way to our first period.

~~

When I got home, the institute was bustling more that usual. Shadowhunters rushed from screen to screen and talked in hurried voices. I rushed to our wing and opened the door. Dad and Bubba were hunched over the counter, talking with their heads close together.

"What's going on?" I asked placing my bag by the door.

"Demon attack over in the next county. 2 nephilim were killed." Dad said, looking over what seemed to be a case file.

"Why is everyone panicking though?"

"It's the first demon attack since we've been here. The other shadowhunters are just more alert that the ones back in New York." Bubba said, coming over to me and giving me a hug.

"How was your day?" He asked into my hair.

"Good. Uh, my friends are having a sleepover/movie night at Scott's tonight. Would it be ok if I went?" I asked looking up at my raven haired father.

"Sounds fine to me, especially with all that's happening here." Dad said from the counter.

"It's fine with me." Bubba said, giving me a kiss on the top of my head.

"Thanks. I'm gonna go pack my bag."

~~~

An hour in a half later I was standing in front of Scott's front door with my overnight back packed with clothes, toiletries, and my stele was safely tucked into my belt. My spellbook was tucked into my bag.

I didn't have a chance to knock on the door before Stiles opened the door with a piece of pizza hanging from his mouth.

"You guth, Savannath here." He spoke around the pizza.

"Yeah, that's me."

Scott walked up behind Stiles.

"Good to see you. Did you bring your stele and spellbook?" He asked.

I patted my bag as an answer and walked through the door, ready for the night to begin.

~~

"Ok so the rules, you must tell the truth. To ensure that you don't lie, Savannah will cast a truth spell. It will last the duration of the game, then she will remove it." Stiles stated looking around the room looking at all of us. Everyone nodded then looked to me.