If not now, when?

A/N: The picture attached is what Lydia's hair looks like.

"When do you want to tell the pack?" I looked over at Lydia. She was laying across my bed, her AP Stats book and notebook laying in front of her.

"Hmm?" She hummed back still looking at the textbook.

"The pack, when can we tell them about us?" I repeated my question.

She finally looked up, her newly cut hair falling into her eyes. The bob framed her face and brought out the fullness of her cheeks.

"What? You want to tell them?" She said sitting up, the math homework suddenly forgotten.

"Well yeah, I want people to know. I'm happy about this." I said turning my body to fully face her.

"I'm happy. I promise you I am, but I don't know what I am; my identity. I don't want to rush and say something that's not truly me." She gestured with her hands as she finally placed them on my shoulders.

"Well, I won't pressure you to make that decision. I know it's a big decision. I just want to take you out on a date, somewhere beyond my room and hold your hand everywhere we go." I said, brushing her short locks behind her ear.

"I know, and I want that to."

"Then what's the problem?"

"I'm afraid of what people will think," Lydia said. She broke her eye contact with me and looked down at her hands. She began to pick at the chipped pale pink nail polish on her nails.

"Lyds, as long as you are secure in who you are, nobody can make you feel like you should be ashamed of who you are." I said taking her hands in mine.

"I know but-," Lydia started but I stopped her.

"I understand the fear of being judged. If you aren't comfortable with telling the pack now, it's ok. I was just thinking if not now, when? Beacon Hills has been quite. School is calm and we are happy." I said watching her face.

"I know, I just need a little more time." She said looking at me. Behind her hazel eyes I could see that she was unsure about how I felt in this situation. Soon her eyes began to water and tears began to make their way down her face.

"Hey. Hey. Now don't cry," I tried to soothe her, pulling her into my chest.

"I'm so sorry. I don't want to make you wait." She cried into my shirt.

"Don't worry about that love. Trust me, I can wait forever for you."

"That may not be possible in Beacon Hills."

"Well, with my newfound life as a warlock, forever is quite literal." I said with a chuckle. I hadn't mentioned the whole 'immortality' thing yet. I was afraid it would put her off.

"Immortal?" She looked up at me with wide eyes.

I nodded. She took a deep breath and sat up wiping the leftover tears off of her face.

"Well, let's make every moment of your immortality memorable." She stated.

Before I could say anything in response, her lips were on mine. I chuckled and leaned into her. Her short locks ran smoothly through my fingers. I heard her math book topple to the floor as we stretched out. I held her close to me, so close we were practically one person.

How did I live without her? How could I live without her? She's my everything.

~~

A bit of a short, filler chapter. Sorry for not updating sooner, things have been pretty hectic. I hope to have more frequent updates, maybe with Corey and Mason? Who knows??