Kidnapped Bride?

It had been a month since the plan to have a wedding came to be. Dad and Bubba were organizing everything, and if I didn't know any better I would say that they were enjoying themselves. The fire messages would be sent out by the end of the week, and then the news would be out. Dylan would know and the plan would be in motion.

"Do you want a dress or suit?" Dad asked me at dinner. We were having some Thai takeout from a restaurant nearby.

"I'm not sure, I might want a suit." I said, eating my food.

"You do know that this is happening in 3 weeks right?" Bubba asked, looking at me over his wine glass.

"Yeah I know. It's just that exams are coming up soon and homework is piling up. Turns out that missing some school will push you back." I joked flipping through my notes for classes. Most people in my position would be up the wall with anxiety, but I was cool, calm, and collected. I was ready for Dylan to be brought in, and the prospect of a marriage between Lydia and I was a positive.

"So how do we pull off a fake marriage?" Dad looked over to Bubba. Nephilim were very strict and precise about their traditions. Using a marriage ceremony to lure in a dangerous threat might not go over so well with the Clave.

"I've spoken to head Clave members. They said that as long as no marriage runes are applied, the marriage holds no value to them. It will have be done in a mundane manner; rings and a priest." Bubba said, taking a sip of his whiskey.

"I mean mundanes can't carry runes anyways so it will be more believable. Also we need to find a priest if that's the case." I mentioned, putting my fork down and checking my phone. Five new texts from Lydia, two missed calls from Scott, and 6 messages from Stiles. We usually silence phones at dinner seeing as it's a main time for family talk.

"Something's wrong." I said standing from the table.

"What do you mean?" Dad asked, a worried look coming over his face.

"I've got messages from Lydia, Scott, and Stiles." I said opening my phone. I clicked on Lydia's messages first.

Lydia: My mom knows.

Lydia: She knows about the wedding. She thinks I'm trying to spite her. She went through my phone again.

Lydia: She knows I've been sneaking out to see you. She's packing my things. I don't know where she's going to take me.  She'll probably take my phone.

The messages were from an hour ago. I was practically holding my breath and I clicked on the messages from Stiles.

Stiles: Mrs. Martin took Lydia

Stiles: Have you heard from Lyds?

Stiles: Savannah!!

Stiles: Hello?? 

Stiles: I'm calling her.

Stiles: She didn't answer. SAVANNAH!!

I looked up at Bubba and Dad, "Mrs. Martin found out about the wedding and how Lydia has been sneaking around. She packed Lydia up and apparently they're gone." 

I felt like my world was spinning and I grabbed onto my chair for support. My legs were turning into jelly. Dad and Bubba were quick to stand and keep me upright.

"I have to call Scott." I said, fumbling in my phone for his name. I found it and pressed call.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Savannah." Scott answered the phone. It sounded like he was out of breath.

"Scott, did you find her?" I asked, my chest tightening with the thought of the response.

"Stiles and I are driving to her house now. She called us from there before her mom took her phone. We haven't heard from her yet." Scott sounded as panicked as I felt.

"What do you think her mom is going to do?" I asked.

"Her mom isn't thinking rationally. She didn't give Lydia a chance to explain everything. I think she might be taking her out of town but I don't know where they would be going." Scott said.

"I'm gonna call her. Keep me updated." I said, I didn't give him a chance to respond before I hung up.

Dad and Bubba were still holding me up and trying to move me to sit, but it felt as if my legs were made of cement and I was stuck in place.

I dialed Lydia. The phone rang and rang and rang. No answer.

"Damn it!" I yelled as I pressed redial. Four calls. Six calls. No answer. Her phone must be off or her mom is holding it.

The tightness in my chest got tighter and soon I felt the telltale buzz of the electricity in my veins coming to the surface. I had maintained control and it was about to be thrown out the window.

Bubba back up when Dad nudged his arm. Dad wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. The electricity kept building and soon it was like water roaring in my ears. 

"Let it go love. Let go." He whispered into my hair. I felt my mark appear in my eyes and I sobbed as the energy surged out of my body. Dad held me tight and absorbed as much as the energy as he could.

I fell to the ground, Dad coming down with me. I was crying, no sobbing, maybe dying. She was gone and I didn't know where to start looking for her. We were going to catch Dylan and then be happy together and talk things out with her mom.

Bubba had joined us on the floor and was holding me now, Dad was getting his energy back in order.

"Shhh, I know my love. We'll find her." Bubba rocked me back and forth. There was nothing legally that could be done, she was with her mother. Sheriff Stillinski had no way to step in. She was gone. My anchor, my love; gone.

I know her mom won't hurt her. I know her mom is just oblivious to the true desires of her daughter's heart. I just hope Lydia can hold up. She can't lose her fight. She has to come back to me. Come back to the pack. I love her and I'll be damned if her mom take her away.

My brain was churning but the only thing that I could physically feel were Bubba's arms around me and the dull ache of my head from the crying. There we sat on the floor until my tears had subsided and the magic simmered down.

"We can get a task force to search for her. Give them orders to not interfere, just find her and report back." Bubba looked to me as he voiced his thoughts.

"Will the Clave allow that? She's not a shadowhunter." Dad inquired.

"I'll be damned if the Clave tries to stop this. We will find Lydia and bring her back. We'll proceed with the Clave approved plan and catch Dylan. We just need to keep moving forward." Bubba said with so much emotion, we moved my body as he spoke.

Dad merely placed a hand on Bubba's knee, his wedding band shining under the lights.

"We can do this. We'll get her back." Dad said, this time looking me in the eyes.

I just nodded. I had no energy left in me to speak. The pack was out there looking for her; they can find her.

Please Scott, Stiles, Liam, Ryder, Malia. Please find her.