Chapter two: Searching for an adventure

Megan POV

An adventure is actually a pretty good idea. Chrissie and I used to have plenty of adventures when we were younger. Actually, all five of us had. The adventures stopped when we grew up, so we don't pretend to be witches anymore, but it were awesome times.

Okay, an adventure...

Where the hell is there an adventure in this house? Ah I know. The room of my mom and my step-dad. No, my parents aren't divorced, but my father died in a car accident when I was four and my mom remarried a few years after that. According to my mom, my dad was an only child and his parents both died because of cancer, so I have no more family on the side of my father. My mom also changed her last name to Winston and unfortunately I had too. I don't even know what my 'real' last name was. My mom remarried when I was seven, so my step-dad George was there almost as long as I can remember.

My step-dad is pretty tall, and if you don't know him, he looks really scary. He has a lot of muscles and he is really sassy. But if you do know him, than is he a real teddy bear. He is funny and protective and really sweet. My mom, Bianca, is rather short, has brown hair and is like every other mother I guess. She worries a lot, she also nags a lot. But I love her and sometimes, we do a mother-daughter thing and it's always fun. My mom likes to talk a lot, only not about my dad. I don't know anything about him, only that his name is Patrick and that he died. My mom doesn't take me too his grave, and there are no pictures of him in our house.

I know almost nothing about him, and I think that it's about time that I find out the truth. So I start to walk towards their room. Usually, I'm not as bad ass as this (notice my sarcasm) to go sneaking in the room of my parents, but I'm bored and frustrated that she doesn't want to talk about it. I mean, he was my dad too after all.

I look on my cellphone and I see that I still have three hours before they come home. They both work in the hospital, my mom as a nurse and my step-dad as a doctor. That's how they met too. My mom is as clumsy as I am. She just ran into my step-dad and it was love at first sight. After a few months of dating, George moved in with us, and a year later he proposed. They also bought a house together, and here we are. My mom and step-dad both didn't want a child anymore, so unfortunately I am an only child. Meanwhile, I reached their room and opened the door. I don't often go into their room because I spend a lot time in my own room.

I looked around, but I didn't see anything special where you can hide secret information about your dead husband. First, I looked under their bed. Nothing. I looked in their night stands, but both were empty beside a little....

OMG EWWWW. I just found a packet of condoms. It's one thing to know that your parents have sex, but this is just nasty. Okay, moving on. The only things that still are in the room is their wardrobe and a television. There has to be something in the wardrobe. I open cases, and their is one that doesn't open. The rest are just clothes and underwear, so there has to be something in it.

If I was a key, where would I hide. Under clothes. After looking in all the clothes, that took a long time, and look under all the underwear, I'm about to give up. But than I remember something from a book.

They searched for a map, and it was behind something. Maybe this time too. See, being a booknerd can really help in real life situations. If you are doing something sneaky like I do now. I look at the back of the TV, but there's not...

Aha bingo! I found a little key. I take it and go to the closet. This is it, the moment of truth.

I turn the key and the cases goes open. Okay this is really exciting.

I look in it and oh god. What the hell is this?

-------

OOH I know... CLIFFHANGER. Not really but whatever. You have to know, I really like cliffhangers because you have to guess what will happen next. So guys, what will Megan find ? A little hint, yess it has something to do with her dad... and somebody else

(insert dramatic music)

Mhaha sorry I'm evil ( but a lot of my readers, who are in fact my real life friends, already know what will happen. So i'll have to learn to not talk so much)

I know it's a shitty chapter but ok. Euh...

Oh yeah special dedication to all the people that helped me :

- My bff Majlen, because she helped me with the title and spelling check and bc she's awesome :)

- My other bff Marie-Sophie bc she's awesome too and as crazy as Louis and bc she helped me a lot with the characters, storyline and the courage to actually publish it.

- All my other friends bc they are a great support

And ofcourse all you lovely people who read my story.

Omg I can't talk so much anymore!

I promise I'll try to update bc I have BIG PLANS

Lots of love

Jana