Chapter six: I'm going to shit my pants

Heey guys. Y'all should read 'face down' from Bel Watson

It's an amazing story and it's about an abusive relationship. This story actually shows that it's not all pretty and abusing someone IS DEFINITELY NOT OK.

It's a story with 9 chapters, so not so long...

Enjoy reading :)

Xxx

Megan's P.O.V

And then, suddenly, I stood in England. A country I've never went to before, waiting on a woman which I don't even know how she looks like.

With my bag in my hand, I stepped to the statue of a warrior, where she'd wait for me and waited for my grandmother.

A/N, I'm totally making this statue up, ok? I'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO ENGLAND. Okay, enough talking...

I looked around while I was listening to an old song, but I wasn't really paying attention.

And then, I saw her. She was wearing a long blue dress and she looked absolutely gorgeous. I mean, she doesn't even look that old.

I guess she's 60 or 70 years old, but when you look at her you'd say she's in her early fifties. And then our eyes lock and I see her smiling.

When she starts walking towards me, I feel this butterflies in my stomach.

Oh nice, I'm going to shit my pants.

'Hi, erm Megan?' She asks and I smile.

'Nice to meet you.' she says and gives me a hug.

Okay, this isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

' Nice to meet you too. Is it fine if I call you Jane? I mean like I just know you and...' I say and I'm glad she her smile is even brighter know.

'Oh gosh of course that's fine. Call me how you want. Is this all you brought?' she asks and points at my backpack and mini suitcase.

'Yes it is... I'm probably not staying for too long anyway. I mean it's now Thursday evening, and when my mom finds out I'm probably going back soon.' Now I see her eyes twinkle. What is it with this woman and her happy mood.

' No I didn't mean it like that. When I was younger, I went to sleep parties with what you brought. I swear, I was prepared to anything and still managed to forget a lot. But okay, anyway, let's get to my car. You're probably really tired.' she says and I feel a yawn coming up. It's true, I'm exhausted.

We head to the car, a range rover, which surprises me. I mean, I didn't expect that.

It took me five minutes to fall asleep.

- the next morning.

I woke up with the sun in my eyes and the sound of birds.

After a few minutes, okay maybe half an hour but whatever, I stood up and headed downstairs and smelled eggs.

The memories of yesterday came back, but there didn't happen a lot. After we arrived at her house, a lovely cottage on the countryside of London, I was really tired so after putting my stuff in a huge room, she said that I could go to bed if I wanted too. Of course she promised first that we would have plenty of time tomorrow to discuss everything.

'Hello. Slept nice ?' Jane asked.

' Yeah. That bed is huge. Are that eggs?' I asked, pointing at my plate.

Yeah duhu. What else would it be?

' Yes indeed. I hope you like them.

I want to spoil you while you're here.' she said and she started to giggle.

She sounds like a teenager. But I like it. I mean my mom was stiff and I never even heard her giggle.

This was... refreshing.

' Well, I'm glad I'm being spoiled. Even if that means I'm going to weigh a few pounds more.' I said and we laughed together.

After I had my meal, I took a nice shower and decided to wear a jeans short and my flower crop top. It was hot outside and I didn't had the change to wear this in Belgium. Curse the stupid weather.

Then I headed back to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, I saw that Jane had made tea.

' Smells lovely.' I said while taking the chair before her.

' Secret recipe.' she said.

' Can I maybe ask you a few questions. If you have time now I mean.'

She nods so I continue.

' How was dad like?'

She starts to smirks and thinks for a few seconds.

' Your father was something special. A really stubborn person, but really sweet too. If he wanted something, he made sure he got it.

A total geek too. Always with his head in a book. A bit like me. How many times we discuses a book.

Erm... romantic. I mean he spoiled his girlfriends and was a true gentleman.

But oh my, if he had a fight with someone... He just had to keep repeating stuff and push people's buttons. He loved to prank people too. He hated boy bands. And dancing. He hated it with passion, and it was rather funny.' She smirked. Wow, I had a lot in common with him.

' Maybe we can go by a few of his friends later? I'm sure they can tell you a lot more than I can?' she asked and I was surprised. She had a point.

' Yeah that's a good idea. And what about you? Any secrets?' I asked and she laughed.

' I have two tattoos.' she said and I almost fell from my chair.

I didn't picture her having a tattoo.

' And what are they?' I asked.

I always wanted a tattoo myself but my mom nagged about that I would regret it and it was ugly and bla bla.

' I have a tattoo on my wrist and one on my ankle. The one on my wrist is ' I have lived a thousand lives.' Here you see.' And she showed me her right wrist. I immediately understood what it meant. She liked to read and readers have many many lives.

' And your second?' I asked.

' This I got a long time ago. It says "I'm half a heart without you." It's about someone I let go. I guess I never quite got over it. This one was my very first too and in this way I'd never forget him.' Her eyes stood a bit sadder and I wanted to know why.

'I this about your husband. Grandpa?' I asked but she shook her head.

' No. I mean I miss him, he died of cancer if you're wondering. But you have to know, I lived a long time with your grandfather. I'd never forget him. This tattoo is about someone else because I... I was afraid that I would forget him. In this way, that could never happen. You see.' She said.

' Oh I'm sorry. Did he die?' I asked.

'No. Oh I'm sorry. It's a long story and it's not about your father or anything. But it's normal you're confused.' she said.

' Do you want to tell me? This whole journey isn't only about dad. I want to get to know you too.' I said and she started to smile.

' Okay. But it is a long story and quite cliché too. You sure ?' she asked and I nodded.

' Oh god, where do I even begin?'

I'm so sorry for the long wait.

Okay so know this thingy is done, we get to know the whole point of why I started to write this in the first place. I'll try to update soon because even I am excited now :)

Bye bye

Xxx

~Jana

P.s it's not spelling checked bc I wanted to update it quickly