Chapter 25: Who should've been dead

Megan pov ( present )

And then it just kind off became... Saturday afternoon. I was getting more anxious with the minute, until the point that it didn't even help anymore that Jane was telling the story.

'Megan, dear, seriously relax. It's going to be fine, I swear. Maybe it's not even as bad as you think?' Jane said, trying to calm me down.

Knowing my mom, it would get bad. She's a drama queen and probably won't let me go out of the house until I'm forty years old.

Then, my phone stated ringing.

I looked from Jane to my phone and sighed, trying to get a bit of courage, and picked up.

' Megan Rosemarie Winston. Where the hell are you?!' My mom yelled in the phone. Here we go.

' I am in England, with my so called grandmother who should've died a couple of years ago.' I said, trying to stay calm.

It was quiet a couple of seconds before she yelled again: ' Don't even think about giving me an attitude. You're coming home. Right. Now. You hear me?'

' Fine but grandma Jane is coming. And I don't want to hear anything about it mother, you fucking lied to me all this time. I deserve an explanation.' I said, yelling too. I guess bad tempers are in the family.

' No wa-' she started saying but I interrupted.

' Yes way mother, I deserve to know the truth for once in my life. I don't care what you think right now, otherwise I'm not coming.' I said, tapping my foot and waiting for her answer.

' Fine. Text me when you're back in Belgium.' and she hung up.

I could see her already throwing her hands in the air out of frustration.

I have to say, I expected it to be worse. But I guess the real conversation still has to come? I really don't want to go home.

' You, young lady, have to be very happy that I lost my temper by getting older than fifty. Seriously Megan, why do you think this time will be different?' Jane asked me, looking a bit annoyed.

Oh well.

' Please don't be mad Jane. And well this time is going to be different because I am here.' I answered, giving her a sweet smile.

She looked at me skeptically, but no longer annoyed.

' Fine, let's go pack. We'll be back in Belgium in the evening. Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into.' she said, murmuring the last part to herself.

/a few hours later, in the train/

' Are you ready dear? In a few hours we'll be back in Belgium.' Jane asked me, and I nodded.

' Yeah sure I'm a bit anxious, but I want to clear this up. I really want to stay in touch, I'm not letting it go this time.' I answered, smiling back at her.

' Okay fine, I'm happy we're at least trying to fix things. This has lasted too long already.' she said, giving me a smile.

I returned the gesture, but my smile turned into a mischievous one when I got an idea.

' Oh no.' she said, raising her eyebrows at me.

' So you and mr Styles huh?' I asked, and oh my god, she started blushing.

So cute.

' Well err, yeah I guess. ' She answered. Oh no, I wanted details.

' Come on, tell me what happened after that night. Please??' I whined, pouting at her.