Chapter 26: Confrontation

Jane POV ( present )

We had arrived in Belgium, the country I was borned and raised in, but I hadn't come back in what seemed like a century. My Dutch was still good, although I didn't talk it that much anymore.

When I graduated from university, I moved too England. I'd fallen in love with the country and it had always been my dream to do that.

My parents didn't quite like the idea of me moving to another country, but I was an adult and it was my life.

I doubted if it was a good idea to move there, because of a certain curly boy who had stolen my heart and never gave it back.

But convincing myself I just couldn't give my dream up for a stupid boy, I did it anyway.

Megan had texted her mom an hour ago that we would almost arrive in Antwerp, and she agreed to come and get us.

Me and Bianca never really worked.

When Patrick died, she blamed me for his death and didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

If anyone should have been blamed, than it should be her.

She cheated on him. But even before that, me and her never worked. Patrick loved her to death, and even though she had cheated more than once, he forgave her every time.

Not always immediately, but eventually they always ended up together.

The night of his death, she had cheated on him again. He called me, furious, sad and in tears.

I told him to come to me, after I had calmed him down for an hour.

But he never made it. He got an accident with a truck, and was dead immediately.

Losing my son, it seemed like history repeated himself.

I almost got into a depression, and I probably would've tried to kill myself if it weren't for my friends.

Those four idiots which whom I grew up with. I don't even know how they figured it out, but it hadn't even been a day and we all were together again.

They helped me get over it. No that's not what I meant.

They helped me accepting it, and not blaming it on me.

Honestly, I couldn't even express how thankful I am to have these girls in my life.

Being so in thought, I hadn't noticed Bianca, who looked pretty pissed off.

Well I knew that face too well.

' Megan. Jane. Get in the car.' She ordered. I rolled my eyes, asking myself if it was so hard to add a please.

Apparently it was.

The whole car drive was silent, and very awkward.

I told Bianca I would stay with an d friend later that evening, because I really couldn't live with her in one house.

That would just be too much. Not that I told her that.

We arrived at her house, and I wondered if Patrick had lived here too, or if Bianca moved after his death. I can't get rid of the feeling that Patrick would've never lived here,in this house. He always had a thing with old mansions. Even when he was little, he told people when he was older he would buy one. And then, he would renovate things.

Lost in my thoughts -again- I hadn't noticed Megan tapping on the window.

She motioned for me to get out, so I did.