Chapter four: The Call

Heey guys. I like 'human' from christana perri a lot, and although you probably already know it,you should definitely listen to it (again) :)

-------

Megan P.O.V

I woke up, pretty early for me. Normally I sleep until 11 am, but not today. It's only 9 o' clock, and I already know that I won't be able to sleep anymore.

I decide to stay in bed a few more minutes and then I go to the bathroom. I already hear my bed screaming at me, begging me to come back.

Oh god, can I become any weirder. Now I talk to my bed. Great.

I start to laugh, and realize that I just had an inside joke with myself.

Gosh, I'm so funny.

After my shower, I go downstairs to make myself some breakfast. I can't cook, so for my own safety I won't try to actually cook anything, but making a sandwich would probably harm nobody.

Where is the Nutella. Nutella is a pretty serious subject for me 'cause I can't go a day without it and I need it on my bread in the morning.

After I did that, I decide that it's time. It's time to call the woman that apparently is my grandmother. But I'm really nervous.

What if she doesn't want to have anything to do with me? What if she doesn't want to know me?

What if she did something really bad and that's the reason my mom doesn't want me near her?

Oh come on Megan, don't be such a pussy. There can't happen anything bad because it's just a phone call.

I click on her name and it starts to ring.

Ring... Ring.... Ring...

On the moment I think that she won't answer anymore and it's going to go to voicemail I hear a voice.

'Hello, this is Jane. How can I help you?'

Oh fuck.

' Hello, you still there?' She asks.

'Y..yes. Erm, hello this is Megan.'

I say. And what next?

'Hello Megan, I'm sorry I don't know who you are. Can I help you with something or maybe you called the wrong...' she starts to say but I interrupt her.

'No no I'm sure I didn't call the wrong number. You do know me, not that well but you do know me. I'm euh I'm Megan, you're grandchild.'

Silence.

Oh god I hope I didn't give her a heart attack or something. But then she speaks again.

'Megan. Oh my Megan, it's you. Oh god I'm so glad you called.'

I smile and answer: 'I don't know why I called actually. I... I found the birthday cards and the letters.'

I hear a sigh.

She says: 'I'm sure you want answers but your mom probably doesn't want to give them. It would be a lot easier if I could explain a few thing in person because this thing is to serious for a phone call don't you think?'

I nod and realize that she can't see that.

But then she says: 'Do you want that I come to your house? Or we can meet somewhere near your house. Is your mom there, otherwise I can ask...'

But I nervously interrupt her. Again. Damn I do that a lot lately.

'No no. My mom doesn't know from this so... Maybe I can come to you?' I ask and I hear her whisper something like ' she's just like her father', but I'm not sure.

'Child, do you think that is a good idea. Because I mean when she finds out, it's not going to be good.'

But I am sure. I want to know the truth and Jane is going to give me some answers.

' Can you maybe wait for me at the station? I can come by train and you can take me to your home?'

I hear her laugh and she says: 'You know what? I'll make sure everything is arranged and I'll order your train tickets. The only thing you'll have to do is be there on time. Do you have any plans today?'

I chuckle and I think she knows enough with that. After we arrange a few details and I gave my address, I hang up. She said she'd call me and I had to print my tickets and bring my passport.

I go upstairs to pack some stuff and I have to admit, I am quite nervous.

This shit is actually going to happen.