Chapter three: What the f* is this?

Hey there, you guys should definitely check out 'demons' by Sam tsui & Max Shneider :)

Beautiful cover

-------

Megan's POV

I don't understand it. In the case, there are birthday cards, letters and pictures. What...

I opened the first birthday card. This one is recent. It says:

Hey Megan. I stopped hoping you will ever read this, but I would never give up.

So a very happy 17th birthday darling.

Enjoy it, and if you ever get to see this

Call me

Your Grandma Jane

055/56.38.99

What? I have a grandma. My mom lied all these years to me. I read all the birthday cards, and they are almost all the same. Some more desperate than others, but they all say ' happy birthday' and 'call me'. I don't get it. Why wouldn't my mom tell me that I have a grandma ? It doesn't make sense. There are also a few letters, but there is only one opened. I quickly read it and the date says ' 18-09-2055' . That was on my fifth birthday. She just says that when I read this, I should call her and that she can explain everything.

So my mom opened one, and let the others closed. Talking about weird. Than I looked at the pictures. It were all pictures of a men with ginger hair and my mom. But who is...

Of course. It's my dad. When he was younger. I looked at a few more and then I saw a photo with my father and an older woman. They look a lot like each other. This must be my grand-mother then.

I'll have to call her. I looked at my phone and saw that my parents would be home in five minutes. Oh shit. I quickly typed the number in my phone, put all the pictures back in the case and locked it. Before I closed the door, I scanned the whole room to make sure everything was on the same spot as when I arrived. I went back to my room and opened my laptop, but my thoughts were somewhere else. I have a grandmother. I need a plan to confront my mother, but how? I can't just say: "Hey mom, I went in your room and opened that case with all the cards and letters. Apparently you lied to me because I have a grandmother who didn't die. Oh and I want to meet her too actually."

She'd just be mad at me and I really don't want a fight about this.

-an hour later-

I smell pizza. Usually that isn't a good sign. My mom never 'just' orders pizza. It means that something is wrong.

I walk downstairs and greet my parents.

'Hey mom, hey George. Okay shoot, what's wrong? I know there is something wrong because you ordered pizza.'

Holy shit it's pizza with mozerella. My favorite pizza. I'm getting worried now.

'Sweetie, don't be mad, but Geoffrey and I have to go away for a few days. I'm going to go to aunt Clarie because she is really sick and Geoffrey is going to a conference in Paris.' She says and I am relieved. This isn't even that bad. But she isn't finished yet.

'So, you'll to go to aunt Susie when we're gone and...'

I interrupt her before she can finish that sentence.

'Oh no mom, c'mon. I'm seventeen. I can stay alone. I do it all the time. Please? Aunt Susie has awful children and her husband is exactly the same. I promise you I will behave myself.'

I look at both of my parents, begging in silence that she will change her mind.

She looks from me to George and he gives her a nod that is almost unnoticeable, but I saw it anyway.

She looks at me and sighs. 'Fine. You can stay alone. We will be back before Sunday evening. And no parties Megan. I mean it.'

I nod and give her a big smile.

After that, we start to eat.

I almost forgot what I had to ask, and I pray that it won't change anything on her decision to let me stay alone.

'Euh mom, can I ask you something?' she nods so I continue.

' Well euh... the parents of dad, did they have other family?'

She almost chokes in her food.

'No they hadn't.' She says.

'But isn't that really suspicious?' I ask and she shrugs.

'The whole family is dead. I never questioned it and I'd appreciate it if you let it go now Megan.'

Lies lies lies.

I notice that she's becoming irritated so I let it go. For now.

The rest of the dinner is rather awkward, but my mom informs me that she and Geoffrey will both be gone tomorrow morning and I'll probably won't see them anymore. I give them a big hug and we say goodbye as I go to my room. Normally, I'd go watch a movie with them but now I'm not really in the mood. I go a bit on tumblr and after a few hours I go to sleep.

But I can't sleep though,because I keep thinking;

Why would my mother lie to me about my grandmother?

----------------------------------------------

Dear readers,

I hope you enjoyed it a bit. I hope it's longer than usual, bc I have lots of exams this week and I probably won't be able to update until next Friday :(

That's why I didn't do a cliffhanger!

But... if you give this story 8 votes and 8 comments, I will MAYBE update sooner than that. Maybe this weekend?

Ok that was it

Love you all

Stay fab

~Jana