I'm Just Quiet.

Hazel Above

Hazel POV

"Hazel! Sweetie! Wake up or you're going to be late for school." I groan at my mom in annoyance and slowly get out of the bed.

I go to the bathroom and take a shower. I put on some tights and my hoodie. I look at myself in the mirror and sigh, "At least it's entering the fall now. I don't have to worry about getting too hot in my hoodie."

I go downstairs and see Jack my mom's boyfriend on the couch sleep. I roll my eyes at the number of bottles I see by his feet. I walk to the kitchen, "Morning Hazel. Did you sleep well? Breakfast?"

I smile at my mom, "No I'm good. I'll just eat this apple." My mom name is Janet, I am a spitting image of her except for my eyes. I have my dad eyes, which are a hazel color.

My dad name is Gary, I haven't seen him since I was twelve, but we still talk on the phone and he does send me money for my birthday, Christmas, and on some random times. My parents divorced and my dad moved out, months later my mom meets Jack and he moves in with us weeks later.

I look at my mom and sigh, "Why can't you just kick him out? He does nothing, but drink and drink." She lets out a long sigh, "I'm not going over this again." I roll my eyes and walk out of the house.

"By the time you end things with him, I'll most likely be in the hospital." I mumble to myself. Jack doesn't really hit me, but his drinking has been getting worse and I feel like he will hit me sooner or later.

I start walking to school, it only takes me fifteen minutes to get to school. I have no friends, I get bully because I don't have any friends and because I'm quiet.

Minutes later I feel something get thrown at me, "Ow! What did they throw this time?" I look up and see Megan and her group of friends laughing at me. I suck in a shaky breath and continue walking to school.

Megan has been bullying since I could remember. At first, I would cry every day, but now I hold it in and cry every now and then. "Awe! Look at the bitch being a big girl! You're not even crying!" She throws something else and drives off.

I shake my head and continue to walk to school. When I arrive in front of the school I pull my hood on my head as far as I could.

I walk into the school, "Hazel! How have you been?" I turn around and see my history teacher smiling at me. "I'm doing fine. I'm going to eat lunch in the cafeteria today." Mr.Dan nods his head and walks pass me.

I know it's sad that I eat with my teacher, but he knows what I go through and I made him keep it a secret. I don't want things to get worse than it's already is.

I walk to my locker, seconds later someone pushes me against the locker. "Ow!" I fall to the floor and look to see who pushed me, "I didn't mean to bump you. Are you okay?" Megan looks at me with an evil smile and kicks me in the foot as she walks off.

I stand up and rush to my class. I walk up to my teacher and told her that I'm here. I tell my teachers that I am here before class starts, so they won't call my name out in front of the class. Each time a teacher call my name out one of Megan friends ends up saying something really embarrassing about me and it doesn't die down until two weeks later.

The bell rings and people start rushing in. I put my head down and silently cry to myself.

I'm just ready for high school to end. I won't see these people for the rest of my life. I'm going to college to be a doctor. I mostly want to focus on the injured people from sports. It's less vulgar, I have a weak stomach.

Suddenly people start to whisper loudly, I don't even look up because I feel like their talking about me.

"Yeah, him and Megan dates. He's also a street fighter. He fights Friday night, everybody's going."

I slowly look up and see a boy talking to the teacher. I wipe my eyes quickly and stand up. My teachers let me walks out whenever I want to, I made the nurse write a fake note about me having bladder problems.

I walk out with my head down and the whole class starts laughing.

"She is so weird. No wonder she doesn't have any friends."