Quiet New Friend.

Shane above

Ian POV

I can't believe Quiet works at my favorite diner. "You never told me what you want for your drink." I look up at her, "I'll take a glass of lemonade." She walks away and goes behind the counter.

I won my fight with ease, but the guy did get one or two good hits. He busted my lip and he also got me good in my stomach.

"Here goes your lemonade." I smile at her and she walks off. I notice a bag of ice on the table, I hold the ice bag up. "What's this for?"

Without looking at me she answers, "It's for your lip, it looks like you didn't even ice it." I put the ice bag on my lip and hiss.

I look around and realize something, "Isn't this place like forty-five minutes from your house?" She looks at me with her hazel eyes and nods her head, "Ricky drops me off after we close."

She goes to the back and Ricky comes from the back, "Hey Ian, how was your fight?" I smile at Ricky, "It was an easy win." I look towards the back and then back at Ricky.

Quiet puts my plate in front of me and go sit at the counter. "Cupcake, go ahead and change. We can leave after Ian leaves." She nods her head and goes to the back.

"My nephew is moving down here. Just in case Cupcake doesn't show him around, can you do it for me?" I nod my head, he pulls out his phone and shows me a picture of him.

It is a full body picture of him. He has brown shaggy hair with light brown eyes. He looks like he is about my height maybe an inch shorter. "What's his name?"

"His name is Shane. He's in your grade and plays football and basketball." Quiet comes back out with her hoodie on, "Cupcake, don't you go to the same school as Ian?" Without looking our way she nods her head.

I finish my food and Quiet takes my plate to the back. I stand up, "I'm going to go ahead now. My girlfriend is waiting for me."

Quiet comes up to Ricky and holds her hands out. Ricky digs in his pocket and pulls out his car keys, "It won't be long this time."

She walks out and I follow her, "Why are you following me? Didn't you say your girlfriend is waiting for you?" She unlocks the car and gets in on the passenger side.

"Thank you for the ice bag." She doesn't even turn around, "Can you tell me your name?" I stand on the passenger side, "No. You knowing my name will make my life even worse. I've already told you that."

I lean against the car, "Can you please leave? Why do you care who I am?" Before I could say anything her phone starts ringing.

"Hello?"
"Who is this?" The conversation kept going on and I just ignore the conversation.

Ricky comes out, "I told you it wouldn't be long." Quiet glares at Ricky, "Did you give your nephew my number? You told him I would show him around tomorrow?" Ricky gives her a small smile, "I'll buy you four cupcakes."

She sits back in her seat and sighs, "Four cupcakes and a chocolate milk." He nods his head and fully starts the car up.

"I'll see you around Ricky. Bye Quiet." She doesn't even look my way, I walk towards my car.

"What does she have against me?"

Monday Morning

"What the hell?! The weekend went by so fast!" I throw my pillow across my room and I storm to my bathroom.

I do my morning routine and went ahead to school. I always skip breakfast and just eat lunch.

When I arrive at the school I start looking for Ricky nephew. Minutes later I see him sitting on a bench, "You must be Shane, Ricky nephew?" He stands up and smiles, he is actually an inch shorter than me.