Timothy Cooper.

Hazel POV

After we left the diner we decided to call it a night and go home. Austin drops me off and honks at me as I walk in the house.

"I thought you were going to invite a friend to sleepover." I look at my mom and look at the drunk man on the couch, "Yeah I thought twice, I don't want nobody to see a drunk man and my mother who won't get rid of him."

I walk pass her and she grabs me by my wrist to stop me, "Hazel why are you being so distant with me?" I snatch my wrist away, "Since when do you care about how I am? You've never cared before, so you really don't have to care now."

I rush upstairs to my room and lock my door. I jump onto my bed with a big sigh, "We will be okay if she didn't let that man stay here."

I close my eyes and seconds later darkness takes over me.

Next Morning

I wake up to my phone ringing, "Hello."

"Wake up!! Me and Lily are coming to get you in an hour." I groan at Mason demand, "Why? What are we doing today?"

He stays quiet for three seconds, "We don't know yet, just get up and be ready in an hour." He hangs up and I roll my eyes as I get out of my warm bed.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Yes, Mom?" I go to my closet and wait for her to reply, "Are you going anywhere today?" I let out a loud groan, "Yes I am. Now can you please leave me alone?" She slowly starts walking away from my door.

I start hearing her sniffle as she steps away. "One day we'll fix it between us, but just not today." I say to myself.

An hour later Mason honks for me to come out. I climb down my window and run to the car.

I get in and they both look at me, "Why did you climb out the window? Are you sneaking out?" I look at Mason and laugh, "No, I just like coming out the window."

Lily laughs and Mason drives off, "Where's Ian? I know where the others are." Silence takes over us for a whole five seconds.

Lily takes in a big breath and lets it out, "He has something to do, so we won't see him until tomorrow." I arch my eyebrow, "Is something wrong?"

They both shake their head, Mason looks at me from the rear view mirror, "Hazel we can't go in depth with this conversation. We don't have the right to tell what's going on, so please just leave it at this." I nod my head and look out the window.

I know I'm new to them as a friend, but I hate not knowing what's wrong with Ian.

I look out the window and sigh, "What are we doing today?" Lily looks at me and shrugs her shoulders, "I don't even know, Mason won't tell me."

Mason laughs, "First let's go get some breakfast and then we can figure out what we want to do." Me and Lily both scoff, "You don't even know what we're doing?! Why did you invite us to something you don't know?!"

Mason shrugs his shoulders, "I didn't want to stay home. My mom invited some annoying family members over." Lily rolls her eyes and I let out a soft laugh.

"Shane has to work at the diner today, Owen is training all day, and Austin is hanging with Matthew today. It's just going to be us three today, so deal with it and have fun with me!" Mason honks his horn and scream.

We arrive at a buffet. "Y'all do know that this is the most I have eaten out? Y'all make me spend the most money, when are we going to eat at someone house?" Mason looks at Lily and then back at the road.