Why Do I Even Drink?

Hannah Above

Hazel POV

"Cupcake are you sure you can walk in heels?" I look at Shane and nod my head, "Yeah I can."

We are in Lily room getting ready for the party when all of sudden her doorbell goes off. Ian stands up, "Its Hannah. I told her she could come over and ride with us to party." Lily grabs my hand and we go sit on the bed.

Ian goes downstairs and comes back up with a girl behind him. The girl has red hair that stops at her shoulders and gray eyes.

She smiles at Mason and gives him a hug, "Mason! I missed you so much!" Mason gives her a small smile, "I missed you too Hannah."  

Hannah looks at Lily and smile, "Don't even try to be friendly with me. Go back over there with Ian." Hannah smile drops and she rolls her eyes at Lily.

She looks at me, "Who are the two new people here?" Shane stands up, "I'm Shane and that's Cu- I mean Hazel." She looks at me and I smile at her.

Before she could say anything Lily stands up, "Let's go ahead to this party." Shane takes my hand and we walk downstairs to his car since he haves the biggest one.

Shane throws the keys to Ian and gets in on the passenger side. "How long have you known Ian?" I look at Hannah and smile, "We've only known each other for a short amount of time. I met him like two weeks ago."

She scoots closer to me, "Me and Ian known each other for so long. Nothing can really come between us." I give her a tight smile and then look out the window.

"Hazel, are you drinking?" I look at Mason and shrug my shoulders, "I've never drunk alcohol before." The whole car starts laughing, "Just stay with me and I show you what to do." I nod my head at Lily and Mason rolls his eyes, "I'll come look for y'all when I think y'all are drunk."

My eyes widen, "We're not going to be with each other?" Ian looks at me through the rear view mirror, "You can stay with me if you like." I shake my head, "No, you and Hannah are going to be together."

He looks at me with something in his eyes but then looks away before I could even register it. Mason laughs, "Just stay with Lily or Shane." I nod my head and Lily laughs, "I'm so glad I ran into someone like you!"

She hugs me and squeals, "Don't kill my Cupcake!" Lily glares at Shane and gives him the finger, "I rather not do that. Thank you very much." Lily mouth drops, "Who the hell would want to do it with you anyway?!"

Shane turns around in his seat again, "Considering it's you who just held up your finger." Lily sucks her teeth and rolls her eyes. Mason starts laughing, "Y'all have been fighting since this morning. What do you have against each other?"

"He's trying to take Hazel away from me!"
"She's trying to take Cupcake away from me!"

The car grew silent and then we all start laughing, "I love the both of y'all, so stop fighting."

We arrive at the party twenty minutes later. "Woo! Let's go, Hazel!" Lily drags me away from everybody and we head inside.

I look back and see Shane mouth open and Mason shaking his head with laughter. We head straight for the drinks and she makes them. "Never, and I mean never take a drink from somebody unless you know them."

She hands me two shots, "Take them both. Don't drink it slowly, take it in one gulp." I nod my head and take the shots, "Ew!! That burns and it is nasty!!" She laughs and grabs my hand, "You'll get used to it after a few more."

She takes me to the dance floor, "I don't know how to dance." She spins around, "Just sway your hips to the music and have fun."

I start swaying my hips and someone puts their arm around my neck, I look up and see Shane smiling down at me.