I Finally Smiled.

Ian POV

I don't even know why I'm here. Actually, I do, I just didn't think I would be here the day it happened.

"Ian? What are you doing here?" I look down at Quiet and give her a small smile, "I just came by to say I'm sorry for not believing you about Megan bullying you." She closes her door and sits down on the porch steps.

"You sounded hurt when you found out she was bullying me. Are you okay?" I bite my tongue and nod my head, "Yeah everything's fine." She lets out a sigh and looks up at the stars, "I should have taken Shane up on his offer."

I arch my eyebrow at her, "What was his offer?" She looks at her feet, "He asked me if I wanted to spend the night at his house." I look at her and then at her house.

"What's wrong with your place?" She looks at me, "My mom won't leave that drunk man who sleeps on our couch every night. It's hard for me to sleep because he starts fussing about any and everything at random times."

I look at my phone and then at her, "You can come to my place and sleep." She looks at me and shakes her head no, "I don't want to upset Shane. I told him I might sleepover Friday night."

She stands up, "I'll see you tomorrow morning." She walks into her house and closes the door.

"Night Quiet."

Next Morning

I pull up at school and see Shane holding a cupcake above his head, "Shane, give me my cupcake." Quiet looks at Shane with annoyance in her eyes, "Mason, can you get my cupcake?"

Mason laughs and tickles Shane up under his arm. Quiet quickly takes the cupcake and hides behind Mason. I look around and then at Mason, "Where's Lily?"

Mason lets out a long sigh, "She went to go get some necklaces for her and Hazel." Quiet looks at me as she eats her cupcake.

"Ian, can I talk to you?" We all look to see who called my name, I glare at Megan. I look at Quiet and she goes and holds onto Shane's arm.

"What do you want Megan?" She lets out a long sigh, "I'm sorry for what I did, but she deserved what was happening to her." I look at her in disbelief, "What person deserves that? She got new bruises every time you and your group touched her."

She walks closer up to me and I step back, "Why do you even care about her?! She didn't even know who you were until she met you face to face."

"I don't care if she didn't know me! You did something that I hate the most! I told you from the beginning I hate bullying and you know why!" She tries to talk again, but the bell rings.

I walk off and head to class. "Cupcake are yo-."

"Shane! You made me drop my cupcake!" I turn around and see Quiet looking at her cupcake with a sad face, "I'm sorry Cupcake, I'll get you another one later on, but right now we have to get to class."

He picks it up and throws it away, he grabs Quiet hand, "I don't want to go to class. Shane, stop please." Quiet starts dragging her feet and Shane picks her up and carry her in the class.

I start laughing as I follow them in the classroom. We sit down and Quiet looks out the window. Shane groans, "Cupcake are you really upset? I said I would get you another one."

She looks at him and shakes her head, "I wanted that cupcake." Shane puts his head down and I laugh, "It'll be alright." I pat Shane back and he lets out a loud groan.

Quiet pulls his ear, "I'm not mad anymore. I don't want you to be upset because of me." Shane sits up and smiles at her, "I will get you a cupcake for lunch." She nods her head and turns back to look out the window.