You Just Called Me Cute.

Hazel POV

I'm sitting in the car with Ian, "Where exactly are we going?" He looks at me and then back at the road. "You'll see soon. I'm hungry so let's get something to eat before we get to our destination."

I sit back in my seat and seconds later my stomach starts to growl. I put my face in my hands and groan, "I sometimes hate my stomach."

He starts laughing, "Well that's telling me that you're also hungry." I roll my eyes and he starts laughing harder.

"Why are you even hanging with me? You have a full girlfriend. Wouldn't she get upset if she finds out you are with me?" He shrugs his shoulders, "What she doesn't know won't kill her."

Thirty minutes later we pull up to a restaurant. I look at him and arch my eyebrow, "What do they serve?" He looks at me and answers in a duh tone, "Duh, food."

My mouth drop and he starts laughing, "I'm playing, they serve the best waffles and hot chocolate." We get out the car and my phone starts ringing.

I look at the caller ID and roll my eyes, "Yes Mom?"

"Where are you? I didn't hear or see you come downstairs." I let out a long sigh, "I'm out with a friend. I left through the window to avoid you and your boyfriend." She was silent for a couple of seconds, "Next time can you tell me that you're going off somewhere?"

I scoff and let out a fake laugh, "Since when do you care about what I do? I rather not, I'll talk or see you later." I hang up on her and walk up to Ian.

"Why do you talk to your mom like that? At least listen to her once in a while and not push her away." I look at him, "It's not that easy, my family is not perfect like your family."

I walk off towards the restaurant and I hear him mumble, "Who said my family is perfect?" I look back at him and see him staring straight ahead. I turn around quickly and pretend to not hear him.

He walks up to me and towards the waiter. "A table for two." The waiter looks at Ian and me and smile. "Okay sir, if you will just follow me."

We follow the waiter and he takes us to a table beside the window. We order our drinks and there is a small tension between us.

"Where are you taking me?" He looks at me and smiles, "I'm taking you to an animal shelter." My eyes widen in shock, "Really?!" He nods his head and laughs, "I took Hannah not to long ago, but she didn't like at all. So I decided to bring you instead."

I squeal and clap my hands, "All the animals are going to be so cute! I can't wait to see them!" He looks around and softly laughs, "I'm happy you're excited, but all the attention is on us." She stops clapping and starts looking around.

She picks up her menu and hides behind it, "They act like as if they've never seen an excited girl before." He laughs even harder and I let out a small groan.

"When is your next match?" He looks out the window and then back at me. "Saturday night, because I have a football game Friday night." My eyes widen, "There's a game this Friday?! I didn't hear anything about this!"

He shrugs his shoulders, "You're a cheerleader, you're supposed to know about upcoming games." I sit back in my seat and cross my arms, "Well I don't know about the upcoming games."

I look out the window and see a woman and her daughter taking a selfie. I small smile shows up upon my face. "I do sometimes wish me and my mom are like that, but I know that will never happen." I mumble to myself, "What did you say?"

I look at Ian and shake my head, "Nothing, just thinking out loud." He looks at me with an arch eyebrow, "Whatever you say."

Ian POV