Chapter 2- Time Needs To Fly

It took almost three hours for everyone to leave and an hour for the garden to get cleaned up. Ethan and his parents were the last ones to leave. Throughout the rest of the party we kept exchanging glances at each other and talked a couple times in private. After the party was over it was nearly eleven p.m. Only an hour left until I get to see Ethan. I don't know why but I feel really attracted to him. With him I know everything will be okay. I feel something with him I've never felt before. Could he be- NO. NO WAY. I'VE ONLY KNOWN HIM FOR A FEW HOURS. THERE'S NO WAY I CAN LOVE HIM.

But what if there's a small possibility of him liking me back? Does he feel the connection too? Suddenly I heard my door open and my mom poked her head in.

"Melissa your father and I are going to bed. You can stay up as long as you want. Night sweetie", she said and closed the door.

I let out a small sigh and checked the time. 11:05. Ugh can these next 55 minutes go by any faster? I walked around my room pondering if I should change clothes or not. A dress seems to formal. I should change into something more casual meaning a black skirt and white blouse with a pair of black flats to go with it. I didn't bother taking off my earrings or anything. I walked over to my window and looked up at the night sky. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I just left the country, explored life outside the castle walls. In my twelve years of life I've never gone beyond the border that separates Amena and the rest of the world. I've been to the village a few time but I didn't stay long. I went with my father. Other than that my life is strictly learning how to be the perfect princess and things like that. When I tuned five my Aunt Amity gave me a book on etiquette so I had to start learning at a young age. But being a perfect princess doesn't stop my curiosity. Giving myself a small sigh I decided to take a short nap until midnight came. Yeah maybe that's what I should do. I climbed into bed and clapped so the light would turn off and let darkness overcome me....