Chapter 25- I Don't Love Him

One Week Later...

Melissas' POV

It's been a little over a week since I last saw Ethan and told him I didn't love him. I'm not sure where all that came from but it must be true if I said it. My heart feels no emotion towards him anymore. All I can think about now is Jordan. Speaking of Jordan, he and his family moved into their new house the day we showed it to them and my parents gave Jordans' parents better paying jobs. Jordan and I went on three dates in the past week. Each date was different. The first date, he took me out to dinner. The second was just a movie night and the third one we spent a day out on the town. All three were fun and romantic and we're going on a fourth date in a few days. 

As of now I'm sitting on my bed reading a few books Jordan got me just relaxing until I fall asleep. Suddenly I heard a light knock on my door. Without me even saying anything, my mom came in with a plate of cookies. I put a bookmark in the book and looked at her. 

"What's going on?", I asked. 

"Honey we need to talk", she replied. 

"About?", I asked. 

"You and Ethan. What happened between you two?, she asked sitting down. 

I took a bite of a cookie and shrugged.

"Guess I got over him. Dad doesn't approve of him, I thought about your love story with dad and knew if I left because of a boy you and dad would be heartbroken. So I just decided to give Jordan a chance and I really like him", I replied. 

"But remember when you were going on and on about him being your soul mate? What happened to that?", she asked. 

"I was wrong. Do you think we can host a ball tomorrow evening to make my relationship with Jordan official? I want everyone to know ".

"Are you sure you want to? I think we should wait a little bit until you're sure that you don't want Ethan?". 

"I know who I want. I want Jordan. I don't love Ethan. I used to but not anymore".

She let out a small sigh and nodded. 

"Okay. I'll make the arraignments for tomorrow".

She stood up and walked to my door then looked at me. 

"Have a good night sweetie". 

She walked out my room closing the door behind her. I opened the book I was reading and ate another cookie. I know who I love and who I don't love. Ethan and I can be friends but nothing more...