Chapter 5- Alone Time and Invites

I had spent the whole day painting, drawing and writing which was pretty relaxing to me. Sometimes I need time to myself. With all the princess stuff I do I need time to reconnect with myself. But throughout the whole day my mind stayed on Ethan. I wish he was here with me today. It could've been like our first date. Wait no. No dates you don't even know this dude like that. I gathered all my things and teleported back to my room then put all my stuff away. The door cracked open a little bit and one of the maids peaked her head in.

"Your parents are home and dinner is ready", she said.

"Thank you. Tell them I'll be down in a moment", I said.

She gave me a small nod and closed the door. I quickly put my things away then teleported to the dining room. I found my parents making small talk. I took my seat next to my aunt and placed my napkin on my lap. I stayed silent as Mike and Amity joined in the conversation while I sat in my seat thinking about Ethan. I felt my father's eye land on me and he just stared at me. Part of me just wanted to shout 'TAKE A PICTURE IT'LL LAST LONGER'. Another part of me knew that was wrong and I shouldn't disrespect my dad like that. My dad cut off my mom and she looked at him like he had grown a third eye or something.

"Melissa do you have something you'd like to tell your grandfather and aunt?", my dad asked.

"I painted a portrait of you", I replied.

The butlers came out with the food. Spaghetti, breadsticks and fresh garden salad. Each other them bowed and then left.

"What did you actually want to tell us?", Amity asked.

"I met a guy at my birthday party and dad's making a big deal out of it when we're just friends", I replied.

"Oh joy and I just started eating", Mikes said playing with one of his meatballs.

"I'm telling you he's just a friend nothing more", I said taking a bite of my salad.

HAHAHAHA...friends yeah come on Melissa you know you like him. A lot.

"You should invite him over for dinner sometime. How about tomorrow I can't wait to meet to meet the boy has my niece's heart", Amity said.

"He's just a friend but if you really want to meet him then okay. I'll go to his house and tell him", I said.

"Well you're not going alone. Take a couple of guards with you", my father said.

"Dad I'm teleporting there. It would be a waste of time taking a limo or something", I said.

"Melissa I said you're taking the guards with you and that's final", my father said.

I glared at him and he glared at me. Feeling frustrated I teleported to my room making the sure the door was locked and buried my face into my pillow and let out a high pitched scream. I can't believe him. He doesn't think I can't take care of myself. He keeps treating me like a little kid. I'm not five anymore. If he wants to continue on treating me like a child, then I'll show him I can be an adult...