Chapter 10- Hurting

Ethan's POV

I sat there unable to move. She's never going to want to see me again. After all, she's a vampire princess and I'm just a human. I can't compete with that and never will. I looked up at my parents and my mom gave me a small smile. My dad however kept looking at the king.  A couple seconds later my dad, the king and the queen looked at me. 

"Go talk to her. I'll take you up to her room", Morgan said. 

We both got up and she led the way to Melissa's room. We walked up some stairs, passed a few rooms and we stopped at a wooden door. 

"Good luck", she said and motioned for me to knock. 

I gave her a weak smile and knocked on the door. I heard a muffled voice and I assumed she was saying come in. I walked in and what I saw amazed me. I expected everything to be either red and black but I was wrong. The walls are white and a light blue. The theme in the room is light blue, white and a bit of silver. It was classier than I expected. Morgan looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"What are you doing in here?", she asked wiping a tear from her eye. 

"I came to talk to you", I replied walking over to her. 

She put her hand up in the air stopping me. 

"Please. Don't come any closer", she whispered loud enough for me to hear. 

I let out a small sigh and looked at her. 

"Melissa I'm so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. I was going to tell you. I just didn't want you to find out this way", I said. 

"I feel so stupid. Ethan I saw the posters around town. I can't believe no one said anything. Even at my party no one said anything", she said. 

"Melissa I am so sorry. I shouldn't have let things get so far".

"Don't be. We've only known each other for a few days and here I am just crying over someone who didn't have the decency to tell me the truth about him. You knew I was falling for you. Why didn't you say anything?".

"I didn't want you to think any different of me. I promise I was going to tell you. I just didn't know when or how".

"Just go. Please", she begged. 

I out a small sigh and nodded. 

"Okay. I'll go". 

I walked out the room closing the door behind me. Her mom gave me a sympathetic look. 

"I think it'd be best if I just left", I said.  

She gave me a small nod and led me to the front door where my parents patiently waited for me. My mom pulled me into a hug and sighed. 

"You did the right thing honey. I think you should just give her some space and if she wants to see you again then she'll come visit us", my mom said.

"It is for the best. Can we just go home?", I asked. 

My dad nodded and linked arms with my mom. Then we began the long walk home.