Chapter 16- Love Letters & Missing Him

Everyone left a couple hours later but I went to my room when Jordan and his parents left. There was no point in me staying since I had found a suitor and all the others had went home once I chose Jordan. All the adults just mingled and socialized for a couple hours. 

I'm now sitting on my bed in my silk black night gown painting a picture of a sunset which is something I've never done before. I've always wanted to try it but I've been to afraid that I'll get it all wrong. That changed somehow. Throughout the time I was painting I couldn't get Jordan off my mind. All of a sudden I began thinking about the gift he gave me. I set my paintbrush down and walked over to my windowsill where I had set the box. I slowly opened the box and found a silver necklace that had a cross between a treble clef and a heart is what it seemed like.  

I looked at it for about a minute and put it on then looked at myself in the mirror

I looked at it for about a minute and put it on then looked at myself in the mirror. It was absolutely stunning. It was also probably super expensive at that. Who knows how long it took him to save up the money to buy it. I put the box on my dresser and went back to painting. Tonight was very interesting...

-The next morning-

The sunlight was shinning through my curtains and I let out a small sigh. Guess it's time to get up and start the day. I teleported into my bathroom and took a look at myself in the mirror. I had forgotten I fell asleep with this necklace on. I gave myself a small smile and began my morning routine. Washing my face, brushing my hair and teeth, taking a quick shower, and getting dressed.  My outfit was a simple blue skirt with a white shirt with sleeves that went a little past my elbows. 

I finished off the outfit with a plain pair of white flats and then teleported to the dining room

I finished off the outfit with a plain pair of white flats and then teleported to the dining room. Hmm strange. No one's here yet. I looked around and saw one of the maids coming into the dining room holding a letter. 

"Is everyone else still sleeping?", I asked. 

"Yes. Also your suitor stopped by early this morning but you were still sleeping. He asked me to give this to you", she replied handing me the note. 

I took it and looked at it smiling then touched my necklace. 

"I can have the chefs make you something if you'd like".

"Just some toast with jelly, an apple and a cup of apple juice is fine. You can just bring it to the library".

"Of course madam".

She gave me a small bow and went into the kitchen while I teleported into the first part of the library. I sat in one of the chairs and opened the letter. 

Dear Melissa,

Last night was an enchanting evening. I hope that you had as much fun as I did. I also hope to see you at dinner tonight. Your parents and my parents are going to be discussing somethings about our relationship and want us both to be there. See you in a few hours love. 

                                              -Jordan

I smiled a little and set the letter on the chair next to me then teleported over to one of the windows. What's Ethan doing? Does he miss me like I miss him? Has he moved on from me? I just hope that he's okay. But what if he did move on from me? What if he decided to just forget about me? Hopefully he didn't because I really do love him...