Chapter 28- The Ball Part 2

Ethans' POV

I arrived a little later than I planned but once I was there I saw them dancing. Everyone was just watching which was perfect for me. Now I can expose how fake Jordan is. I scanned around the room and saw the king and queen sitting at their throne which wasn't to far from where Melissa and Jordan were. Perfect, now all I gotta do is find Kiara. 

I walked around a little bit and saw her talking to a man over by the refreshment table. Perfect. I walked over to the stand where the music was playing. One of them wasn't playing any music and his eyes were closed. I took the microphone and tapped on it. I stood up on the stand where the music was playing and looked around. 

"Attention everyone I'd like to make an announcment. But first would Kiara Watson please come to the stage?", I asked.

I heard people whispering to each other and Kiara emerged from the crowd and stood next to me. I cleared my throat and looked at Jordan and Melissa. Now's the time. 

"Kiara, is it true that you're a witch?", I asked. 

"Yes", she replied a little nervously. 

"Is it true that you gave that man right there a love potion?", I asked pointing to Jordan. 

"Yes", she replied once again.

Jordan and Melissa walked up to the stand along with the king and queen. I jumped down and pulled out the vile. I set the microphone on the stand and looked at Jordan.

"Have you ever seen this before?", I asked. 

"How did you- I mean no I haven't", Jordan replied. 

"Tell the truth Jordan. I have all the proof I need if you decide to lie again. Have you seen this vile before?", I asked. 

"No', Jordan replied. 

"Your majesty, take a look at Melissas' eyes, then read the side effects of the potion", I said. 

I watched as the queen took a look at Melissas' eyes then read the back of the potion. 

"I can also prove that Melissa has been put under a spell by this", I said. 

I grabbed Melissa by her waist, pulled her close to me and kissed her. I felt sparks fly between us. She moved her lips away from mine and she slowly began to rise a couple feet in the air. She began to glow rays of light and then fell to the ground. I quickly bent down and helped her up. 

"Ethan what are you doing here?", she asked. 

"I came to save you from him", I replied pointing at Jordan.

"Melissa who are you going to believe? Me or him?", Jordan asked. 

"Wait it's true", Kiara said. 

She jumped down from the stage and pulled out a small vile full of an orange liquid from inside her jacket. Does she just carry potions around no matter she goes. 

"If he didn't do it, he wouldn't have a problem with drinking this truth serum", Kiara said. 

We all looked at him and he finally cracked. 

"Okay I did it. I only agreed to help you out because I've always envied how easy you had it as royalty. I knew that if you fell for me then one day I could be king", Jordan said. 

"How could you? I thought you loved me but I guess I was wrong. Jordan it's over", Melissa said. 

I watched as she threw the necklace on the ground. She walked over to me and linked arms with me. 

"Jordan since you used magic on a royal, I have no choice but to banish you and your family are now banished from Amena for life. Leave now and if you return you will be executed", the king said. 

Jordan and everyone began whispering to each other. Everyone decided to leave because of what just happened. Now it was just my parents, the king and queen, Mike, Amity, Melissa and I. 

"Ethan I am so sorry I didn't come to you before we decided to form this plan. If we did then none of this would've happened", Melissa said. 

"It's okay it's over now. We don't have to worry about it anymore", I said.

"Listen Stephen, I think after what just happened, I think we should just call a truce and let them be together, after all, they are soul mates", the king said.

"I couldn't agree more your majesty", my dad said. 

"Please just call me Lucas". 

They both let out a chuckle and shook hands. I looked over my mom and saw her talking to the queen, Mike and Amity. I felt Melissa rest her head on my shoulder. 

"I love you", I said softly. 

"I love you too", she said in response. 

I'm glad things ended up the way they did. If things were any different, I wouldn't have the girl of my dreams resting her head on my shoulder and I wouldn't have it any other way.