Chapter 27- The Ball Part 1

Melissas' POV

One hour before the ball...

"Ow can you be a little more careful? Just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean I won't feel you trying to fry my forehead", I said.

"Sorry your majesty", my stylist said. 

I've been sitting in this chair for a little over an hour and all I wanna do it be with Jordan. I wonder how he's doing right. 

As you can already probably tell I'm getting ready for the ball. This is the first important step in our relationship and nothing can go wrong. Something like this hasn't happened since Princess Laila and that was over ten thousand years ago. 

"I think that's enough straightening can we just get to the makeup please?", I asked.

"Of course", she replied. 

I felt her tug at my hair for a moment then she began putting my makeup on. It took her about fifteen minutes to finish so I decided to lounge around my room until it was time to put on my dress. 

I ended up just reading for about forty minutes and then my stylist came in five minutes before I had to go down stairs. She came in holding a large garment bag and a pair of black wedges. 

They were a little shorter than what I was used to but they'll have to do

They were a little shorter than what I was used to but they'll have to do. She set my shoes on the ground, unzipped the bag to reveal a beautiful black dress. 

"You can admire it later we don't have much time we have to get you down there in less than three minutes", she said as she helped me put the dress on

I put my arms through the sleeves and she zipped up the dress and smoothed out the bottom. I put my shoes on and she placed my tiara on my head and ran her fingers through my hair. 

"Wait the necklace. It's on my bed", I said. 

"Melissa we're going to have to leave it here", she said. 

"I refuse to go without it. I can teleport to the ballroom", I said. 

She let out a small groan and went to get the necklace Jordan gave me. I felt the cold silver touch my neck. 

"Okay now go it's not very ladylike to be late to your own ball", she said.

"Thanks", I said.

I teleported to the staircase that led to the ballroom. I walked down the stairs and saw Jordan standing at the end, hands behind his back smiling at me. He was dressed in a simple black tux and his hair was gelled back. I bet it didn't take him long to get ready. Once I was at the bottom of the steps he took my hand and led me to the dance floor. Everyone backed up and made some room for us. Tonight is going to be great. I can feel it.