Chapter 9- The Dinner Part 2

Once Ethan and I entered the dining room, all eyes were on us. We each took our seats and waited for the food to be served. As usual, my mom sat at one end of the table while my dad sat at the other. Stephen was sitting across from his wife, I saw sitting across from Ethan and my grandfather was sitting across from Amity. Pretty much Amity and Mike were the closest to my mom while Ethan's parents were close to my dad. I know it's confusing. 

Everyone kept exchanging glances at each other while my eyes never left my lap. The room was quiet. All you heard was glasses being picked up and set down. I looked at my mom and she gave me a small nod. 

"So Stephen, Cassandra. Tell us a bit about yourselves", my mom said. 

"We own our own house. We've been married for fourteen years. We're very connected with our family and we love getting out the house and spending time with each other", Cassandra said with a smile. 

"What about your job? What do you do for a living?", Amity asked. 

"We're actually blood collectors", Stephen replied a little to quickly. 

I looked at my dad and he eyed them suspiciously. 

 "You're blood collectors? Oh yes I heard they make really good money", my mom added. 

"Yes we do", Cassandra added.

The butlers came out with the food and drinks and set it on the table. Then one of them took off the cover ups and walked away.

"I hope you're okay with what we have. We weren't sure what you liked but since Morgan was a human we just had the chefs prepare what she liked", Amity said. 

"That's alright. We're always open to trying new things isn't that right?", Cassandra asked looking at Stephen. 

He gave her a small nod and filled his plate with food. We sat in silence as we ate. I glanced at my dad and Stephen every couple of minutes and caught them glaring at each other. I wish they'd just talk to each other. I wanna continue seeing Ethan. I looked at my mom, then looked at my dad and Stephen. 

"So", my mom began. "Ethan tell us a little about yourself. I'm just dying to know what you're like. You must be pretty amazing if my daughter has taken an interest in you'. 

Ethan looked at me and gave me a small smile. 

"Well I'm thirteen, I play lacrosse and I'm the team captain, my favorite color is blue, I love to read and listen to music. I also want to become an artist like paint and draw when I get older", Ethan said.

"He's a great artist. We hang up his paintings all around the house", Stephen added. 

"Oh so he's an artist? Ah well Melissa can sing so well, she breaks glass isn't that right Ethan?", Stephen asked. 

"Will you two stop it? It's not about whose child is the best. We're having this dinner so we can determine if Ethan and Melissa can continue seeing each other", my mom said. 

Both Stephen and my father looked at her like she'd grown two heads.

"Why give me one good reason why I should let my daughter continue seeing him? He's the son of a couple of thieves!", my dad yelled. 

The room fell silent. Everyone looked at my dad but I had my eyes on Ethan, shocked that he's in a family full of thieves. Ethan looked at me for a split second and looked down. So it's true. All the robberies that have been going on around town, that was them. 

"Is it true?", I asked low enough that only Ethan can hear. 

He gave me a small nod and I looked at his parents, then back at Ethan. 

"When were you going to tell me?", I asked. 

"After I got your parent's permission to date you", Ethan replied. 

"What if they would've said no?", I asked. 

"I would've told you regardless. It would've been your choice if you wanted to be friends with me or not", he replied.

I stood up and looked him in the eyes. 

"I don't want to be friends with you. I need to go", I said. 

I ran out the dining room and into my room with tears running down my cheeks. Upon entering my room, I closed the door behind me and laid on my bed crying into one of my pillows...

My friend thinks I'm sketchy for leaving cliff hangers at the end of some chapters XD

Also the chapter is early because I'm going to be to busy to update on the actual day this is supposed to come out.