Chapter 23- Heartbroken

Ethans' POV

I got no sleep last night. I missed her more than usual. I was sitting on my room just sketching a picture of the morning sky. I looked down and saw a car park in front of Jordans' house. We've lived across the street from each other forever. I'm shocked that Melissa even agreed to go out with him. I know that she loves me more than him. I sat up there for a few more minutes until I decided to go over there and see what was going on. I climbed down the ladder, put my sketchbook on the kitchen counter and walked over to Jordans' house. I wonder if he knows about me. I stood there wondering how to even approach her. We haven't seen each other in days and she probably moved on. The door opened and I saw Melissa and Jordan holding hands. She looked at me shocked. 

"Ethan what are you doing here?", Melissa asked. 

"I saw your family car and wanted to see what was going on", I replied. 

"So you're the Ethan Melissa told me about?", Jordan asked. 

"You must be the suitor", I replied. 

"We'll go wait in the car. Come along", the king said.

The adults walked to the car and go in leaving the three of us alone.

"Yes I am. What are you doing here? Come to win Melissa over?", Jordan asked kissing her hand. 

He grabbed her by her waist and pulled her close to him. She then kissed his cheek and smiled at him.

 "Melissa can we talk?", I asked. 

"About what?", she asked in reply. 

"About why I haven't saw you for the past few days. Or why you're showing love towards him and not me", I replied. 

"Isn't it obvious that I love him and not you? Now please go home we have things to do today and I need to get home before my badminton practice starts", she replied. 

Melissa you seriously can't say that you don't feel anything between us", I said looking into her eyes. 

Something about her eyes threw me off. They were darker than usual. 

"Ethan get this through your tiny human brain. I don't love you anymore. I moved on to someone ten times better than you and I don't want you anymore. What we had is gone. Long gone. Now if you'll excuse me we have places to be", she said. 

She led Jordan to the car and I heard something fall. I looked down and saw an empty vile on the ground. I examined it and saw it was a love potion. I turned it around and tried to read the side effects. 

Side effects may include:

Dizziness

Headache

Change of eye color

Nausea 

Her eyes were a darker shade of brown than usual. I've got to show this to them. The one question is, how do I break this?