Chapter 7- Breakfast Trouble

I woke up the next day with the sunlight shining brightly in my face. I tossed the covers off my body and walked into my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my hair looked like a crows nest. I quickly brushed my teeth and ran a comb through my hair attempting to make it look somewhat decent until tonight. I slipped on a red skirt and a black blouse with a pair of comfy wedges. Moments later the door opened a little and one of the maids poked her head into my room.

"Miss Melissa breakfast is ready", she said.

"Thank you. I'll be down in a minute".

She nodded and closed the door. I looked at myself in the mirror then gave myself a small sigh. I wonder if they know I actually invited Ethan and his parents over for dinner tonight like they asked. Well they'll find out eventually. I teleported to the dining room and took a seat next to Amity. 

"Glad you could actually make it Melissa", my dad said looking at me. 

"If I didn't come to breakfast I figured you'd drag me out my room. Literally", I said placing my napkin on my lap. 

"No I'd bring you your food but-".

"Oh joy nice to know you actually care", I said cutting him off.

"Melissa I-".

"Melissa are you going to invite your friend over for dinner tonight?", my grandfather asked. 

"I actually invited him last night", I replied. 

The butlers came out with the food and set it on the table. Waffles, eggs, sausage, toast and fresh fruit with a glass of blood to wash it down. 

"When did you invite them last night?", my mom asked. 

"When you all fell asleep. I teleported to his house and stuck a note on his fridge", I replied. 

"You snuck out the castle last night? You didn't even take any guards with you did you?", my dad asked. 

"I teleported there and back. I wasn't in any danger I promise", I said. 

"You could've been! You don't know what could've happened. You could've been killed by some vampire that hates us. Not everyone loves us!", my dad yelled. 

"What a way to start off the day", I heard my mom mumble under her breath. 

"I'm not hungry", I said throwing my napkin on the table. 

I teleported back to my room and made sure the door was locked then laid on my bed burying my face into my pillow. Then proceeded to let out a loud scream. He's always treating me like a little kid and I'm sick of it. I'm twelve years old, a vampire and I have powers. I took self defense classes since I was seven up until I was ten. I'm fully capable of taking care of myself and I don't need a babysitter anymore. Whatever if he wants to continue treating me like a child then he can go ahead. I just have to show him that I can be mature...but storming out at the table wasn't very mature that's for sure. I heard someone knock on the door and I went to go see who it was. Opening the door I found Amiy was stading there holding a plate of what I assumed was food. I hope it's food since I didn't even put any food on my plate. 

"Are you okay?", she asked. 

"Yeah I'm fine I just need to eat something and I'll be fine", I replied.

"You know your father loves you. I know from experience he can be a little overprotective. He just wants you to be safe", she said. 

"I know but he's treating me like a child", I said. 

"In his eyes you're still a little girl who would pretend to be queen. Remember how you'd put on your mom's heels and crown and walk around and pretend to the queen? We all thought it was so cute. That's the you he actually sees. You just have to show him that you're not that little kid anymore got it?".

I simply nodded and she gave me a small smile. 

"Alright well I need to go but I'll see you at dinner". 

She gave me a kiss on my cheek and walked out my room closing the door behind her. I set the food on my dresser and laid down on my bed. Nine more hours until this dinner actually starts. What to do for those nine hours...