Chapter 4- Talking About Ethan

Sunlight peaked through my curtains which made me groan. I was still tired from last night but it's fine though. I got to spend a little more time with Ethan which brought a smile to my face. I swung my feet off the bed stepping onto the soft carpet and walked into my private bathroom. My hair was a complete mess and I had some dark circles under my eyes.

"Well this is what I get for staying up half the night", I said to myself splashing some water on my face.

I grabbed my towel and got in the shower letting the warm water fall on my face. Ethan crossed my mind which made me smile. I feel like I've known him my whole life. I feel as if he's the missing piece to a puzzle I've been trying to solve for years. He fits into my life perfectly and I don't know why. Shaking my head getting rid of the thought of him I scrubbed off all the dirt and stuff off me and then stepped out, wrapping my towel around me. Then I teleported over to my closet and pulled out a dark blue dress and slipped it on. I brushed my hair, curled it a little bit, added some bracelets, my small pearl earrings and black wedges then headed to the dining room. The workers bowed and curtsied as I walked by. Sometimes I hate being royalty but some days I love it.

"Miss Melissa your parents request your presence in the dining room", one of the maids said.

"Thank you".

She bowed and dragged her bucket and mop away from me. I hate how they're afraid of me. From what my mom has told me about my father when she first met him they should be afraid of him. I've never killed anyone in my life. Killing someone makes you seem like a terrible person. I've sat through a couple executions to know some people did deserve it but others were killed for a crime they didn't commit. So yes some people were killed on accident. On the bright side my parents paid for a nice funeral. Once I reached the dining room I saw my mom, dad, aunt and grandfather sitting at their usual seats. I took my seat next to my aunt and placed my napkin on my lap.

"Sorry I took so long. I was a little late getting out of bed", I said taking a sip of my drink.

"Actually we just got out of bed ourselves. We were just about to get started", my dad said.

A few of our butlers set down the food and walked away. Eggs, toast, sausage, pancakes and biscuits. We each had our own cup of syrup, butter and fresh fruit put to the side. We all began to dig in and eat. Everyone was unusually quiet which scared me. Usually my mother would start the conversation, my mother and grandfather and aunt would join the conversation while I stayed silent and ate. What's going on? Maybe they're all just tired. After all yesterday was pretty exhausting. Between keeping the adults entertained all evening they were on their feet the whole time.

Everyone continued to eat in silence and finished eating in a little under fifteen minutes. I excused myself and went up to my room and closed the door behind me and walked over to my balcony looking down at the village. Is Ethan out and about with his parents? Is he thinking about me? Is he okay? Should I go seem him tonight? What does he plan on doing tonight? I was pulled out my thoughts when my door opened revealing my parents standing there holding hands. That immediately made me think of Ethan and I holding hands last night which brought a smile to my face.

"Who's Ethan? Why were you holding hands with this Ethan boy?", my dad asked.

"Dad are you serious? You know I seriously hate it when you read my mind like that. It's an invasion of privacy", I replied.

"Young lady I'm not going to ask again. Who's Ethan? Do we know his parents?", my father asked.

"I met him at the party last night. We were just talking is all", I replied.

"Lucas calm down. As long as she's having his kids or anything that would get her into serious trouble it's fine. Besides it was just hand holding and she's twelve years old with the mind of an adult. You can trust her not to get into trouble", my mom commented.

"Yeah dad it was just hand holding. I promise we didn't do anything else", I said.

"Okay but if you plan on seeing him again we'll have to meet his parents", my dad said in a serious tone.

'That's totally fine with me' I thought to myself.

"Anyways we came in here to tell you we're going out for the day. Mike and Amity are going to be busy with meeting all day. So if you decide to go anywhere make sure to take a bodyguard with you. Love you sweetie", my mom said and closed the door behind them.

Everyone's going to be busy today and I have no plans at all. Maybe I'll just spend the day in my private room. It's not like anyone's going to come looking for me. I better get what I need. I teleported into the kitchen and grabbed a few snacks, a jug of water and a couple bottles of blood. One of the maids walked in and I got her attention.

"Please tell my aunt, grandfather and parents when they come back that I don't want to be bothered. I would like some peace and quiet", I said.

She bowed and scurried off to the meeting room while I teleported to my second room. I took a look around and saw the roses Ethan gave me and put them in the jug of water. I then took a seat at my art easel and began to paint a self portrait while I was holding the roses Ethan gave me. Yeah it's confirmed. I'm starting to fall in love with a total stranger...

Hey guys. Don't forget I'm accepting covers if you want to make one. First person to make one and if I like it gets a shout out a chapter. Love you guys.