Chapter 19- A Confession

After dinner our parents talked in the living room so I took Jordan into the library. We sat on the floor with a few books surrounding us.

"It's really nice of you to do this for me. I didn't think you'd go through with it honestly", I said flipping through a book. 

"I already said it's no problem. Keeping up the act may be a little hard though", he said. 

I put the book down and looked at him.

"How?", I asked.

"Well, we don't have feelings for each other. If we did things would be easier but I respect the fact that your heart goes to someone else", he replied.

"Thanks for understanding", I said picking up the book from before. 

We stayed quiet for a little bit. The only thing you could hear is us turning the pages and the clock ticking. 

"Can I ask you something?", he asked.

(I can imagine some of the readers just singing Love Is An Open Door XD)

"Sure go ahead", I replied. 

"Is this Ethan guy a human?", he asked. 

I gave him a small nod in reply. I could feel his eyes on me and his jaw just dropped. I turned to look at him and chuckled.

"You're in love with a human?", he asked. 

"Yes is there something wrong with that?", I asked in reply. 

"It's just unheard of", he said. 

I shook my head no in response. He gave me a confused look and I set my book down.

"My dad fell in love with a human who happens to be my mom. Their relationship was complicated. My dad even gave up his title as king just to be with her. Things were a little bumpy but they stayed strong. in the end they got married, had me and became king and queen", I explained. 

"You don't plan on giving up your title as princess for him do you?", he asked. 

I'm not sure yet. My feelings towards him are still pretty strong even though I haven't seen him days", I replied. 

"But would you just leave and start a new life because of him?", he asked again. 

"I don't know. If I want to I will. I have a feeling he'd do the same for me so why can't I do the same for him?", I asked in response. 

"Your parents would miss you", he replied. 

"His parents would miss him too. But it's our life not theirs", I said. 

"Melissa you can't leave them. You don't know how heartbroken they'll be", he said. 

"They'll be okay if I left. Besides they have a kingdom to run and I know I'd be okay. I'm a vampire, royalty and I can leave a place in a second if things get to dangerous", I said. 

He let out a small sigh and closed the book. He looked at me and frowned a little. 

"Melissa, if push comes to shove just don't leave", he begged. 

"Why should I stay?", I asked. 

"Because I'm starting to fall for you. I know we just met and all but I feel drawn to you for some reason. Every second that I'm not with you, it hurts. I just want to be with you. And I'll do whatever it takes to win you over".

Anyone else think Jordan is faking it? I had to spice up the book I'm sorry if it feels rushed or anything but hope you guys are enjoying it.