Chapter 11- Thoughts

Melissa's POV 

I watched him leave and walked over to my window. Moments later I saw him walk away with his parents. Part of me was saying go after him and tell him how you feel. Another part of me was saying if he couldn't be honest about himself, why would he be honest if you ever got into a relationship with him? Moments later someone knocked on my door and my mom entered the room and walked over to me.

"Why does it hurt? Why do I feel like just crying until I can't produce anymore tears?", I asked. 

"You like him a lot sweetie and these feelings won't just change over night", she replied. 

"But I've only known him for a few days is the problem. Why are my feelings so strong for him?". 

"I don't know honey. But for right now you need to get something to eat. I left a plate of food and blood on your bed. I'll be back to check on you in a little while".

She gave me a kiss on my cheek and walked out the room softly closing the door behind her. I took a glance at the plate of food then continued looking out the window. He's probably half way home by now wondering if I'll ever forgive him. Truth to be told I forgive him already and I don't know why or how. It feels like nothing even happened. Things may never work out between us. I'm a vampire princess. He's a human and the son of thieves. People would never accept him as king if we ever decided to get married. Now he's gone. I don't know how to get him back. I don't know if he's just going to forget about me. If I can be sure of one thing, I know for sure that I won't forget about him...

Sorry for the short chapter I promise the next chapter will be better.