Chapter 15- The Suitor

Ethan's POV

It's been a little over a week since I last saw Melissa and now tonight is the night where she finds a suitor. He'll probably be richer, more handsome and probably win her heart in an instant. I walked over to my window and saw the castle towering over every house in town. I let out a small sigh and wondered if she'd replace me and just forget I even exist. I heard my door open ands saw her walk in with the laundry basket. 

"Are you alright?", she asked.

"No", I replied looking back out the window.

"It's gonna be okay honey. If she loves you then she'll come to her senses and do what's right which is coming back to you", she said. 

I looked at her and she placed the laundry basket on my bed then pulled out one of my shirts holding it in the air. She looked at me hinting that I come help her so I walked over to my bed and folded some clothes. 

"I miss her a lot. I don't think she's coming back or wants me anymore", I said with a hint of sadness in my voice. 

"Ethan trust me. If she loves you she'll come back. I'm sure she'll end up going against her family to be with you. Like how Lucas and Morgan did to be together. I know you love her and I'll support you every step of the way. Even if it means leaving home". 

"Let's just hope it doesn't come to that".

**********************************************************************************

Melissa's POV

I looked at the line of boys and they all looked the same. Same hairstyle, same suits and everything. The first stepped forward and introduced himself. 

"My princess, my name is Rodger from house Weston. My hobbies include reading, drawing and helping out the less fortunate. It's an honor to meet you", he said as he kissed my hand. 

He walked away and the next one stated his name, hobbies and kissed my hand then walked away. This went on for about ten minutes and the last one caught my eye. He had brown hair, brown eyes and his suit was a little different from everyone else's. It was black yes but it had his initials engraved on the pocket with small diamonds. He bowed and then looked at me.

"Princess Melissa, I'm Jordan from the Harper household and I'd be honored to be your suitor. My hobbies include reading, painting, writing poetry and playing lacrosse", he said.

He kissed my hand and then walked away. I looked at my dad and gave him a small nod of approval. I think this Jordan guy will be okay until I can actually date Ethan. My dad stood up and clapped his hand which got everyone's attention. 

"Attention everyone. It seems as if my daughter has found a suitor. The young man who was last in line please come forward so you two can share the first dance. The young boys' parents please step forward so we can meet you", my dad said. 

Jordan walked over to me and led me to the center of the dance floor. We began dancing to some soft music played by the orchestra. We didn't say a word to each other. He's a great dancer though. Not better than Ethan but he's good. 

We danced around a little longer and the song ended. His brown eyes stared into mine. He gave me a small smile which caused me to smile back. 

"You're pretty good on your feet your majesty".

"Please just call me Melissa".

"If you insist Melissa".

"Melissa can you come here for a second?", my dad asked.