Chapter 13- Nightmares and Agreements

The song pretty much shows Melissa's feelings towards Ethan. Incase you've never heard Selena Gomez this is her song called A Year Without Rain and hope you enjoy it.

****************************************************************************

"I'm sorry Melissa but I can't see you anymore", Ethan said. 

"What? Why?", I asked. 

"I'm just not good enough for you. I just don't want you anymore", he replied. 

"Please Ethan you can't leave me. I love you", I said.

"I love you too Melissa. But you need to go back to the castle", he said. 

He gave me a quick kiss on my cheek, then turned around to begin his walk back home. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I let out a soft sob. 

"Ethan please come back please please please don't leave me", I begged. 

He said nothing. He didn't turn to look at me, he just kept walking which broke my heart into a million pieces.

*********************************************************************

I woke up out of breath and panting. I looked around and everything was normal. Someone knocked on my door which scared me a little bit. 

"Miss Melissa are you up? Your parents want you downstairs for breakfast in ten minutes", one of the maids said. 

"Okay', I said in response. 

I heard walk away in heels that aren't even allowed. But that's what happens when you have a dad who's the king and is on the cover of pretty much every magazine. Pretty much all the women want his attention. 

I slowly made my way out of bed and teleported into my bathroom. I did my usual routine and decided to shower before the ball. After nine minutes I teleported into the dining room and took a seat next to Amity. I looked around the table and saw the food had already been served. Omelets, bacon, sausage and toast. Looking around I filled my plate omelets and sausage realizing I that I barely ate for the past week.

"It's glad to see you at the table after a week. How are you?", Amity asked.

I played with my food a bit and took a bite of my sausage. 

"Okay I guess", I replied.

"So Melissa we hear that you plan on secretly dating Ethan", Mike said. 

"That's the plan grandfather", I said taking a bite of my omelet.  

"Are you sure this plan will work?", Amity asked. 

"We're hoping it does. If things don't work out then we'll just have to face the consequences", my dad replied. 

"Are you sure you want to do this? We'll help you and support you a hundred percent but this seems a little risky", Amity said. 

"I'm sure I want to do this. I love Ethan with all my heart", I said. 

My grandfather and aunt exchanged glances and nodded.

"Okay we'll help keep the secret", Mike said.

 Now they're onboard with the plan I hope it works. I need Ethan here with me. A day without him feels like a lifetime...