Chapter 8- The Dinner Part 1

I pretty much spent the day just sitting in my room reading. I was able to finish five books about what happened before I was born. Meaning when my dad was still a prince and before he met my mom. Honestly, it was all pretty interesting. 

Dinner was in about forty-five minutes and I wasn't even ready. I gave myself a small sigh because I decided to wait this late to get ready. It took me fifteen minutes shower which included ten minutes of me washing my hair making sure it smelled nice enough that Ethan's parents would notice. It may seem like I'm trying to hard but I want to make a good impression. This dinner determines if I can continue seeing Ethan or not. 

It took me twenty minutes to dry off, brush my hair, straighten it and put on my makeup. Now all I need to do is find the perfect dress to wear. I walked over to my closet and pulled a black dress that had lace at the top. The sleeves and upper part were see through. I hope it's okay. I seriously want his parents to like me. 

Quickly but carefully, I slipped it on and put on a pair of black heels. Only one minute left until they're supposed to arrive. I did one last check and teleported into the dining room. There I saw my dad, mom, aunt and grandfather. We all walked to the grand foyer where I saw Ethan standing there with his parents. I can see he got his looks mainly from his dad. We just stood for a second. A second of silence. I stood there for a moment and finally had the courage to break the silence. I walked over to Ethan and looked at my family. 

"Mom, dad, grandfather, aunt Amity. I'd like you to meet my friend Ethan", I said. 

They said nothing. They all just stood and I saw my dad whisper something into my moms' ear. He was to quiet so I couldn't hear what he said. My dad looked at Ethan and his parents and put a smile on his face. 

"Welcome. My name is Lucas. This is my wife Morgan, my sister Amity and my father Mike. You must already know my daughter Melissa", my dad said.

"I am Stephan Williams and this is my wife Cassandra. It's a pleasure to meet you in person your majesty", Stephen said. 

I walked back over to my family and gave Ethan a small smile. 

"Well come on in I'm sure you all must be pretty hungry by now. Shall we?", my mom asked looking at my dad. 

He nodded and they linked arms with each other and led Ethan's parents to the dining room. I however stayed behind and waited on Ethan. 

"Do you think this'll go well?", he asked. 

"Why wouldn't it?", I asked in response leading him to the dining room. 

"Well they don't seem to like each other that much", he replied. 

"They just need to warm up to each other is all", I said. 

"You maybe right. I just hope everything goes well". 

"Me too. By the way, you look very pretty tonight".

"Thanks. You look pretty handsome". 

"Thanks". 

"Well we better get in there before my dad assumes we ran away or something". 

He gave me a light chuckle and nodded then put his hands in his pockets. 

"Agreed", he said.

Okay the big dinner scene is next. Comment if you think if it's gonna go well or terribly. The clip shows how it is when Lucas and Morgan met Cassandra and Stephen. Also is anyone else here  big Shrek fan?