Chapter 20- Love Hurts

Jordan's POV

She looked at me like I was crazy. I just poured my feelings out to her. After knowing her for only a little bit over forty-eight hours I just told her how I feel. I don't care if she believes it or not but it's the truth. 

"You love me?", she asked in a quiet voice.

"Yes. I have since the moment I met you. Believe it or not it's true", I replied. 

"You know I'm in love with Ethan", she said. 

"I know. I'll try to win you over. After all, do you really want to leave home like your parents did? Live in the village and not have anyone but Ethan? He's a human. He can be killed in the blink of an eye. Stay and be with me. It takes a lot to kill a vampire. You wouldn't have to leave home. You could stay here, I could come visit you, take you out on dates and stuff. After all, do your parents even approve of him?", I asked. 

"My mom thinks I should give him a chance. My dad doesn't really like him that much. But regardless if I have their approval or not they can't tell me who I can and can't like it's my life", she replied. 

"You have to think about what's best for you and the kingdom. If word gets out about this, the poeple of Amena will turn on you", I said. 

"They didn't when my mom and dad first got together. Why would they now?", she asked. 

"There's a new generation of humans out there. I was always told to not fall for a human or else you could get heartbroken. I will never break your heart Melissa. Humans are unpredicatble and weak", I replied.

"Jordan how could you say that? You don't know anything about him", she said.

"I know that he's not the one for you. I am. I won't stop fighting for you until you make your decision", I said standing up.

"Where are you going?", she asked. 

"I'm going home", I said as I began to walk away.

I heard her follow after me calling my name but I didn't stop. I stopped moments later because I had no idea where my parents are. This is where I wished we actually gotten the tour done. If she didn't follow after me I'd be so lost in this place. 

"Where are they?", I asked. 

"I'll take you", she replied in a whisper, holding out her hand. 

I wrapped my hand in hers and we teleported into the living room. My mom was the first to notice our presence and she gave us a worried look. She walked over to us and looked at me.

"Is everything okay?", she asked. 

"Can we go home? I'm not feeling well", I lied. 

"What's wrong?", my mom asked walking towards me.

"I just feel drained and a bit naseous", I lied again. 

"Have you been feeding properly?", she asked. 

"No", I lied once more. 

"Okay well we'll go home in a minute. Just hold tight honey", she said. 

She went back to her seat and finished up her conversation. Before I knew it we were heading towards the front door and say goodbye to the Degages'. I wish I never told her how I felt. That was a stupid mistake...