Chapter 22- Love Potion

I don't know what time I fell asleep but I woke up feeling drained. I slowly climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom. My hair is a mess and I have dark circles under my eyes. I turned on the cold water and splashed some water on my face. 

"Jordan hurry and get ready. The Degages will be here in ten minutes", my mom called from downstairs. 

I thought we were going to the castle. Well I can't complain cause now it'll be easier for me to slip the potion thing into Melissa's drink. Once I finished in the bathroom I went into my room closing the door behind me. I spent three minutes in the bathroom. That gives me seven minutes to get ready. I walked over to my closet then pulled out a pair of pants and a nice black button up shirt. I combed my hair a little bit, put on some shoes since I figured we'd be walking or something. I took one glance at myself in the mirror then walked over to my bed and pulled the vile from under my pillow. I seriously hope this works. I can't let Ethan have her. 

"Jordan they're here", my mom called from downstairs. 

"Coming", I said in response while tucking the vile in my pocket. 

I walked out my room closing the door behind me then walked downstairs to see Melissa and her parents standing at the door with my parents. Melissa looked absolutely stunning as usual. Today she wore a dress that was the color of the sky but darker. To top it off she wore a belt over it and plain white wedges. Her hair was pinned up into a really neat bun which complimented the outfit. 

She didn't even bother to look at me

She didn't even bother to look at me. She wasn't even wearing the necklace I bought her. Was she that hurt? 

"Welcome welcome please come in would you like anything to drink?", my mom asked. 

"I'll have some water", Melissa replied. 

"Jordan can you go get them some water?", my dad asked. 

I nodded in reply and went into the kitchen. I pulled the vile out my pocket, grabbed a cup and filled it up with some water. Then put the potion into the water and stirred it up a little but. It seemed to blend really well. You can't even tell it's in there. I tucked the empty bottle in my pocket then walked into the living room. I saw my parents sitting on one couch while Melissa and her parents sat on the other. I gave Melissa her drink and thanked me in a quiet voice. I went and sat with my parents hoping that she would fall in love with me. 

"So I was thinking maybe a two bedroom, two bathroom house. Something new", my mom said. 

"Well there should be some new houses. People do get paid to build houses. There's four new houses built every month and all the workers are vampires. So there shouldn't be any problems with finding something new", Lucas said. 

I kind tuned out the conversation and watched Melissa sip on her water. I noticed how her eyes flashed and turned pink. The color faded and they soon returned to brown darker. I hope no one notices. She finished her drink minutes before we were getting ready and just held the cup. She looked at me and batted her eyelashes at me which made me smile a little. 

"So something close to your job, two bedrooms, two bathrooms. We can work something out. We'll take you around and show you some houses like that", Morgan said. 

I got up and took Melissa's glass and set it in the sink. I heard footsteps come from behind me and saw Melissa standing there. 

"I just wanted to apologize for my behavior last night. I don't know what got over me. Do you forgive me?", she asked. 

I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her close to me. 

"Of course baby", I replied.

She gave me a small smile and kisses my cheek. 

"Come on you two you can stop acting. No one will know you're with us", Morgan said. 

"Acting? What are you talking about?", Melissa asked. 

Morgan looked her shocked and shook her head. 

"Never mind. Just come on", Morgan replied. 

I let Melissa go and she grabbed my hand. We all walked out of the house and I saw some guy standing there looking really confused. 

"Ethan what are you doing here?", Melissa asked.