Chapter 6

We entered into a forest, he then pulled over when we entered a dirt road, he opens my door and helps me out of the truck.

"Where were going means alot to me, only I've seen it so your the first, which means, don't tell anyone" he says with his hand on my back looking at me in the eyes.

He closes the door and grabs my hand leading me into the woods.

I know the saying, 'don't trust strangers' but he just gives me the vibe that I can trust him. With everything.

You know?

We walked through the woods for a couple minutes until I see a tree house in the distance. It had vines growing around it and almost look camouflaged because of the vines.

He hoisted me up so I could climb into the tree house since there was no ladder.   

He climbed up into the tree house.

This was somewhat cute, just the fact that I'm the only other person that knows of this existence.

Not to mention it's probably something very memorable.

"I'm about to tell you something that may or may not suprise you. It's a super big secret which means that you cannot tell not one living soul, you can't write it down in your diary,  text it to a friend back at home. Nothing. Got it?"

I sat cross legged in the tree house that was pretty comfy, it had two bean bag chairs, books inside, posters, small windows, even a small mattress that had a body pillow on top of it.

I sat in one of the bean bag chairs, he sat in the other.

"Got it" I look at him in the eyes, he closes the curtains and closes the door to the tree house.

"Your grandfather runs a gang."

I became dizzy.

Is that how our family gets all of our money? From murdering people and selling drugs and fighting?

"So does my parents. Our families hate eachother because we each fight for the biggest gang. Your grandmother knows everything, and she might want you to become the next generation of leader in that gang, so she doesn't want you around me, because well-" he hesitated.

"I'm bad, and I am the next generation, actually, a week from now, I'm becoming the next one in charge because my parents are done. So it's my turn."

I wanted to run as far away as I could from this place.

This is how we earned our money, this is how we got the mansion. This is why everyone is scared shitless of us?

Because we run a Gang and we're ruthless?

"And I'm guessing your here to make me swoon over you so you can grab ahold of my gang by the next future leader and take us to the ground?" I look at him in the eyes, "because if so, think differently because I'm not falling for you, Mr. Bad boy" I hiss.

He chuckles and shakes his head, "actually I just want to be your friend, I don't care for all that gang crap, if I had it my way I'd live a normal life with a job and a lovely family, but instead I'm forced to run a gang, I've been trained since I've been ten, now I'm 18..."

I started to pity him. I really did feel bad.

"Purple gangs have been fighting eachother for years, and when I say that I mean, it's been about 80 years since our families been fighting."

"That's crazy."

"It is, and that's why when I found out your part if the Sixx family and the next generation, then when you do take on the role of leader, we could have a alliance. Become one of the biggest gangs around. We could become one and not fight anymore" he looks at me in the eyes, deadly serious.

I look down at my fumbling hands.

"Let me think about it, I probably won't be the leader for a couple more years yet. So let me get to know you better then I'll see if I want to or not, but remember, my grandparents must never know" I look at him.

He smiles a full smile, "take your time."

"So..." I look around, "why here?"

He chuckles, "I built this as a kid, all by myself, I know nobody goes here and this is my safe place."

I shake my head, I didn't know what to say.

"Well I should get you back now" he says climbing out of the tree house, I look down at him wondering how the hell I'm supposed to get out. I'm a freaking short stack of pancakes. What the hell am I supposed to do?

He holds out his hands signaling I jump.

"Is ain't jumping! You crazy?" I look and him.

He chuckles, "just dangle your legs down and I'll catch you, just hold yourself up a bit with your arms."

I roll my eyes as my heart beat hard against my chest.

I sit on the edge of the tree house floor and dangle my legs over it, my legs were in line with his head, he holds out his hands, I slowly slide off of the tree house floor.

He catches me when there's nothing left to hold onto, his arms were just underneath of my butt, literally, that's pretty much how the heck he's holding me up.

He leans down and sets me onto the ground, I instantly regret him letting me go. I wanted his touch.

What?

NOOO.

NEVER, HE'S A GROSS ASSHOLE.

Remember Jade, the only reason why he's being decent to you is because of the challenge, nothing else. Of he could be a asshole to you he would in a heartbeat.

Snap outta it.

I shake it off and we walk back to his truck.
*******