Chapter 22

We get out of the truck and walk into the house, my grandmother starts baking cookies as I walk upstairs taking the leather jacket off and setting it on my coat hanger.

I sit down on my bed and open my phone texting friends when I hear a knock on my door.

I close my phone and say come in while sitting up in my bed.

My grandfather comes in and sits down on my bed, I instantly think I'm in trouble. Did he find out about Andy? What did I do?

"Jay, don't worry your not in trouble" he chuckles as if he could read my thoughts, "I just want you to understand how much weight is in your shoulders now, and as soon as you become leader a whole lot of responsibility will be put on your shoulders. You may need someone to fall back on."

I look at my grandfather, where is this going.

My grandfather stops and tries to find the right words, "what is it Pa?" I ask.

"I think you should be looking" he states bluntly.

"Looking for what?" I ask, I was so confused.

He sigh's, "I think you should get married soon, or atleast look for a future husband, preferably someone from the gang" he says bluntly.

I stare at him for a moment, "Pa, I'm only 17. There ain't no way in hell I'm getting married at 17."

My grandfather lightly chuckles, "and sweety that's why I said 'atleast look' because your way to young to get married."

I shake my head, "Pa, I didn't want to tell you, but I have a boyfriend. I'm not really looking anymore."

He stops in his tracks, "a boyfriend? Who? Is he from the gang?"

I chuckle, "you wouldn't like him and no he's not from the gang Pa."

His facial expression tightens, "it better not be that Andrew kid" he says spitting Andy's name.

I stop and think, I take in a deep breath, "Pa, I think it's time that I talk to you and nan together."

His eyebrows draw together as him and I walk down to the kitchen, Pa explains that I need to confess something to them both.

"I have a boyfriend" my grandmother's face lit up with joy.

"But your not going to like him..."

"Why not?" My grandmother speaks.

"Because... It's Andrew..."

Both my grandparents faces turned from confusion to shock. I litterally just let them down, my grandfather was full blown mad now.

"Why the hell are you this stupid Jade! Your just as stupid as your Mother had been! It's a complete shame to call you my granddaughter, or even family! I'm ashamed to share the same blood as you!" My grandfather spat.

I sit there taking in all the beating, I did deserve it, I'm dating my grandparents worse enemy.

My grandmother had total disgust on her face. They might just be taking it worse then Andy's parents did.

I look at my grandfather who's walking out of the room. I sit down at the table and look at it. No other place for me to look at because I knew I was going to get ranted at if I did.

I stayed quiet and stared at the table, I soon heard someone settle in the seat infront of me, I had started crying.

From how my grandfather reacted it scared the shit out of me, I didn't know if he was going to hit me or worse.

My grandmother sigh's, "dear, I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed, but I hope your safe and won't get hurt. If he matters so much to you, then I suppose you can stay with him, what was your guys plan?"

I look at my grandmother, her green eyes had wrinkles galore around them, she had a kind expression on her face as she held one of my hands that was set on the table.

"We were going to unite our gangs together and make one big one and take down others. We were going to make them stop fight and become one" I look at my grandmother, but then soon looked back at the table.

"That's an amazing idea!" My grandmother smiles, "I'll go talk to your grandfather and knock some sence into him," my grandmother says then gets up walking out the door. I walk out and go back to my room.

I close the door behind me and walk to my balcony and close the door behind me there to. I then text Andy about what happend.

He says he'd be over in a couple of minutes but I instantly turn that down. Everything is still pretty hot here, might want to wait til it cools to show your face. I replied with.

He was hesitant but he left it alone, not wanting to die today.

I put my phone down and take a deep breath out and look at the water before me. It was beautiful. And once you walk down the stairs, it was sand.

On the other side of the lake was nothing but tree's. It was beautiful, we had no close neighbors. It was pretty nice.

I took a breath in, breathing in all the fresh air. It felt so good.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turn around with my fists in the air about to punch someone.

That's when I instantly put them down realizing it's my grandfather. I raise an eyebrow.

"I realize I might have overreacted. But you need to understand that this is our enemy and I don't want you to be hurt or used. Or anything worse."

"Pa, I'll be fine. I promise."

He smiles, "your grandmother told me about your guys plan, it does sound amazing, but be prepared that some of the people in our gang and pherhaps there gang will stray away because they'd much rather not be working with the enemies."

I laugh, "I know grandpa, I'm not little anymore" I smile.

He laughs, "I only wish you were" he hugs me, "I will support you, what does the Wolf family say?"

"They support us to after his father flipped out at me and I snapped back at him," I laugh.

"It was quite obvious Jay that you knew about the gang before we told you. How did you know?" Pa asks.

"Andy told me after you guys told me to stay away from him, I flipped when he stayed quiet around his friends. Then he had taken me somewheres and told me about it all."

"How much 'all'?" He asks.

"He told me about how our family has been fighting for decades, that we... Killed his sister..."

It became quiet, Pa then spoke, "they were taking things to far first Jay, I need to tell you this, they were taking things from inside our house and posting spies as new people in our gang, but then. They killed your Uncle and little cousin. That's when we knew they went way to far."

Uncle and cousin? I had an Uncle and cousin!?

I stayed quiet in awe, "your mother had a brother,  he was about 25, his name was Damon, he has a daughter named Susan, she was only five. They broke into there house and killed Damon, then they had seen Susan standing there watching them with tears flowing down her cheeks, so they killed her to knowing she'd tell someone."

I was now crying, I had a younger cousin who was five and got murdered?

"That was about three years ago now, and we had put the past behind us a year later" my grandfather lightly laughs.

He spoke again, "but as I said, what you two have in mind for a plan, sounds good to me and I support you two" my grandfather smiles again hugging me then walking back downstairs.

I walk into my room and lay on my bed. Yeesh (yeee-shhhh) it's been a long day.
********

WhAaAaAt!? She had a little cousin and an Uncle.

Woah bro...

Favourite character?

-NC