Chapter 18

We had woken up and it was now supper time, I bid my farewell to Andy and his mother who had just come home.

I really haven't seen my grandmother and grandfather for a while, so I decided to walk home and spend time with them.

Even if I do know there secret.

Even though I know the Smith and Sixx family secret that has ran in my family for generations and generations.

Even if my boyfriend is there mortal enemy.

I still love them..

I guess?

I had finally made it to the house when I see cars I've never seen before in the driveway.

I was confused.

I walk up to the door and listen, I could hear calm chatting so I open up the door to the house and walk to the kitchen grabbing a cup of  fruit Juice.

Men sat at the dining room table, my grandmother looked at me inviting me to the table.

I sit down, confusion in my eyes.

"Jade, this is Blade and his son Dagger" my grandmother spoke.

What is the next child going to be named Knife? I interally laugh at that knowing if I laughed out loud that I might actually be killed... With a blade or a dagger....

I need to not make these jokes.

Blade was a man who looked about my mothers age, she's 38, but this man looked about 41-42.

He had already grey hair and wrinkles galore on his face, he was covered in tattoos and pericings, and was amazingly scary muscular.

And his son, Dagger, about the age of 20, he also had a couple peircings and tattoos, not as many as his father had naturally. He to was very intimidating by how strong he had looked, almost scared the shit out of me when I first saw him.

My grandparents smiled as they both wove to me. I awkwardly wave back at them throwing them a awkward smile.

Why am I here again?

"Jade dear, there's something we have been meaning to tell you."

I look at my grandmother, are you really going to tell me in front of these people? Really?

"What?" I ask calmly already knowing what she's about to say before she even says it.

One thing my family sucks at, lying. I know, for running a gang you'd think they'd be 110% good at lying.. nope, more like -110%, they suck. Other then me obviously, I haven't gotten caught for doing anything yet.

"You may have been wondering what your parents do for a living or what we may do-" my grandmother starts.

Goodness gracious nan, just tell me, I already know.

"Well, we never wanted to tell you at a young age to keep things at the down-low, and now, your becoming a young adult, so nows the great time to tell you-"

I take a deep breath in, I had to play my part, this is acting and 'I'm supposed to be suprised!'

"We run a gang, that's where we get all our money, it'd how we make a living-" I fake gasp which sounded kind of real and my eyes widen.

No way! Sarcasm.

"And in a couple of months after training you, we were hoping as a family, that you'd take on the family business at this age, since you are becoming a young women and all. We thought we could leave it to you."

Now, it was my turn to gather information, "is this why mom and dad sent me out here? To train? But to also run away?" I ask.

"Partly yes dear, also so you could spend time here with your grandparents, and..." my grandmother pauses, looking away and holding her breath, then looking at me releasing it, "and, stay forever."

The run away part. Your probably confused. Yeah, you'll get to know later on, not ready to even think about it.

My eyes bulge out of my head, now I was legitimately suprised. They want me to stay forever? No! I have friends back at home!

I laugh awkwardly and hesitantly, no no no. Count. Me. Out.

Yes my boyfriend is here, but I have friends back at home who are my best friends.

What is this?

My grandmother now has worried expressed all over her face, "I knew we should have asked her when she was 15 to get her trained and all to get her ready."

And that's when I had connected the dots.

My parents have always been training me. Since I was a child. I always thought it was self defence.

"Nan, I've always been trained. I joined Ju jitsu at the age of 5 and by the age of 7 I was a black belt, I joined karate at the age of 7 and got a black belt at the age of 9, I decided to do boxing and wrestling at the age of 10 and immediately got good at it, beating my coaches who were at the time around 30 years old by the age of 13, and by the age of 14 I did kickboxing, finishing that by 15, then I did Taekwondo finishing that last month. Nan, I've always been training. I understand everything now!"

My grandmother went from a worried expression to happy and excited within a snap.

The men sitting at the table sat there stunned, I look at them and crack my knuckles, "what I have alot of free time?"

I could see the sweat dripping from there faces, I know gross. But they were definitely intimidated.

I smile a sweet smile at them.

"So will you do it Jay?" My grandfather asks.

I look at him with a smile spread across my face, "of course" they won't even see what's coming.

I'm going to do it even if it means I'll be killed.

I'm going to do this.

"To ensure that your ready, we will give you the position a month from now, we don't like making mistakes" Blade growled and my grandmother and grandfather shot him a look which made both him and his son cower down there chair an inch.

*~*

Eventually Blade and Dagger had left and I ran up to my room and started texting Andy. He needed to know.

He felt hopeful and was excited that I was going to be the next leader, he hoped that everyone would agree with us, and once I'm leader, both him and I agree that we each will talk to our own gangs about the purposal.

We could be the best.
*******