Chapter 14

"That's one hell of a entrance you got there Jade" Karen laughs and I laugh along.

"I have to say I didn't expect that, but hey! You helped out alot on my hair!" I fix my hair so it's put of my face.

Andy laughs while closing the blinds and shutting the windows in the room.

"Andrew your father's out at work, I'll be leaving in half and hour, how about you take Jade and a couple of friends to the new amusment park in Summerville?" Karen looks at Andy while cutting some vegetables.

Andy thinks for a moment, "sure if Jades up to it?" Andy looks at me and I shake my head.

Obviously I want to go to a amusement park, spend the day with Andy? Hell yeah!

Andy smiles, "sounds like a plan!"

"I'm going to need to go home though" I look at Andy and his smile fades a little.

"Why?"

"Obviously I'm going to need to get cloths" I look at him with a goofy face and he laughs.

"Fine" Andy sigh's and I laugh.

He sits beside me at the island, he sets his hand on my back and rubs circles on it while I'm hunched over with my face on my arms with my head down.

I turn to him and smile then turn back to the darkness my arms were creating.

He moves his hand through my hair taking all the knots out of it. I sit up to help him out more.

Karen looks back at us, a smile spread across her face, "you could use my brush if you'd like Andy, I don't mind" she speaks.

Andy gets up and left to go grab her brush. Karen starts speaking, "you and Andy remind me of how Elliot and I used to be when we were younger. It's cute, and I don't mind another girl being around, I kind of missed it."

"What do you mean missed it? Was there another girl?" I instantly regretted even asking the question as soon as the words left my mouth.

Karen turns around to me, she stopped cooking and looked at me straight in the eyes, "her name was Carter, she was my daughter."

Awe shit.

"Long story short, we were training our youngest to help the gang out, she did well, but one day another gang had broke into our house, killed her, and said that was our warning. She was only 14 at the time."

I took a harsh breath in, that would suck loosing your youngest girl, even when she was just 14.

"Your parents sent those people after us, and they killed our daughter" her eyes became watery and I stood up walking towards her, I then hug her.

"I apologize for everything my family has done, I'm so sorry" I felt like shit, I didn't think that my family would have such dark secrets as they do.

She wipes the water from her eyes and I let go of her, I go sit back down in the seat I was at, "that was two years ago now. Everything is fine, we all moved on and we're living our lives" she smiled, it was 50% pushed and 50% not. I knew she was still hurting.

And that's why Andy had Carter tattooed onto him, especially with "will be missed" underneath.

That's Andy's little sister who's 14, if she was here today she'd be 16.

"I'm sorry" I whisper and look down at the table.

"It's not your fault dear, you didn't do anything, your smart and totally better then your family, when you get older,,please don't let everything go to your head, there's many that pay..." Karen said, I really did feel bad.

Andy finally walks into the kitchen, "sorry, I have no idea where you women hide things, I found it though" Andy laughs and both Karen and I laugh along as if nothing had happened.

Andy picked me up, "oh not again" Andy and his mother both laughed, he walks out to the living room and lays me down on the couch.

He then closes the blinds and windows, the sits down on the couch with me.

My legs were crossed as I face the handle of the couch, Andy facing the same way, he starts gentally brushing my hair.

It sent goosebumps all through me.

"So what were you guys talking about?" Andy asks.

I hesitate for a moment, "just things."

Andy chuckles, "and I suck at lying/covering things up" he chuckles again then leans closer to me so only I can hear him.

"Don't worry Princess, I know what you guys were talking about, I'm not def" I bit my lip.

God this boy just makes me want to tackle him with kisses but at the same time smack the shit outta him.

He laughs again and speaks, "I'm glad you finally know, I could see the questioning in your eyes when you seen my tattoo, atleast I didn't have to tell you. That would have been bad," he laughs nervously.

He keeps brushing my hair, now all the knots and knicks were out and he was just brushing it because he liked to.

With each brush stroke he took it sent shivers up my spine, I love getting my hair brushed by other people. It felt so good.

He sets his hands on my lap and I lean back on him knowing he's done, my head rested on his shoulder. I look up at him.

He was staring at my lips, he bit his lip, I knew he loved now, he definitely did.

I moved closer to him and kissed him, it was slow and greatly missed. His hands were either on my stomach or on my thigh. Mine were both wrapped around his neck, it was quite hard because I wasn't facing him at all, but I managed.

"BREAKFAST IS READY!" We both heard Karen call from the kitchen, we both pull apart and race to the kitchen to see who gets there's first.
*******
That's who Carter is? 😱

Woah! O.o

Favourite character?

-NC