Chapter Two: Explanation?.

The crew seemed quite happy to be awake. All of them were busy talking about; and seemed to be quite satisfied to finally be active. The crew of six sat at the table. The twins were busy talking to Bruno about what made them decide to sleep for nearly two hundred years. Food was ready, and everyone was hungry.

Luna sat off from them; a plate of powdered eggs and sausage steaming on her plate. She wasn't sure how she felt about this yet. These people, she didn't know, and it seemed that no one had become interested in explaining to her exactly what was going on just yet. Everything still seemed to be a blur in her mind. Nothing was right at this point. The blonde didn't even recall stepping foot on the ship. Now, coming to find out that she had been asleep for nearly two hundred years, it all left her in quite a shock. Where was she and more importantly, what had happened? How did they even know her name?

The male that had come and gotten them out of their pods hadn't addressed himself until they had all sat down. Upon listening, Luna had discovered his name was Garret. Doctor Garret to be exact. According to the crew he was in charge of tending to them, and making sure the pods didn't cause any sickness or fatigue for them.

Doctor Garret approached Luna's table in the small lunch room. Many more people could had been there, but it seemed it was just them. Even in the room with their pods, several more were lined up, but empty. The older male stood next to her before he pulled out his clipboard. "Miss Luna, yes? Everyone else's vitals seem to be in stable condition, and now it's your turn." The male glanced at her plate. His brow raised lightly, "You haven't eaten. Have you been feeling well? Perhaps I can find something more appealing?"

Luna looked over at him; shifting uncomfortably in her chair, "I'm fine, thank you," She paused for a moment. Clearly she was in deep thought. The golden eyed female placed her hand on her forehead for a moment, "I'm sorry. I didn't realize that waking up two hundred years in the future was normal for any of you." Luna had frustration in her voice as she looked about, "Is no one going to tell me what I'm doing here?"

The group glanced over at her. All of them seemed quite surprised that she didn't recall anything that happened. Reed placed his fork down on the table. As did the rest of them as Luna began to get frustrated with her current state.

Bruno laughed, shaking his head lightly as he pointed over at Luna, "She's kidding right? You're telling me you don't remember any of your life? Then again, she was passed out when we dragged her on the ship I mean.."

"Bruno that's enough." Jewel's gaze averted to him. Everything fell silent for a moment. Clearly, becoming uncomfortable with what was being asked.

Luna's eyes widened. Dragged on? Had they abducted her? The girl stood quickly, her fists curled as she looked towards them, "What do you mean dragged on? This is ridiculous! I want to know what's going on. Please." Her voice was almost pleading. She tensed a bit as she moved back from them in a odd manner. Luna's eyes lit up before she looked down at the floor. Clearly she was frustrated. Worse, unaware of the current events.

Reed stood and walked over to Luna. He gently placed his hand on her shoulder. "Luna you have to understand, we had to get you off that planet. You know that, don't you?"

"I remember telling you she's a waste of space, and that she was going to end up infecting us with those fuckin' vermin handling her." Bruno chuckled as he continued to eat; not minding the tense room, "Go ahead, tell her. Story time!" He leaned back in his chair and began to clap his hands, a mouth full of food as he pointed at the large black screen. "Put on a show for us! Love seeing ladies angry."

"Bruno, enough!" Garret glanced over at the brute male. His eyes lit up as he became furious. "Now everyone sit down. I have things to discuss with all of you. Right now, and I need you all to pay attention." His voice was assertive. The male's light brown eyes looked over everyone as he spoke. Almost immediately, everyone sat down.

Doctor Garret took a deep breath. He walked back and forth in the cafeteria as he pulled a remote from his pocket. The snowy haired male clicked a button. All the lights dimmed as a blue screen came up for them. "Nearly a thousand years ago, before the attack-"

"Attack?"

"Listen!" He glanced over at Luna, "If you wish to remember, then please, hush." Everyone fell silent after that. Garret was often a calm man, but his temper sometimes got the best of him, "A thousand years ago, these large spores began to fall on Earth. They had no boundaries. The oceans, deserts, cities, truly, where ever they had the capability of reproducing. As long as they have water to absorb, they reproduce rapidly." He clicked through, showing a odd black fog about the size of a grown man's fist. It danced in the air like stirred dust, but thousands of them floated around with one another. Red masses grew from them, occassionally exploding in smaller spores to disperse. "For some time, these spores remained dormant. Nothing came from them and they didn't move. That is, until the ships began to appear. It was as if they were given the go to for the epidemic."

"We were invaded, and it was devastating. These creatures known as the Irinaut, released a deadly airborne virus that seemed to give off some sort of chemical that woke the spores. It couldn't be controlled and to this day, we are unsure of the cure. Once their ships were landed, it was like they woke this infection, and they all reacted together. This abundant gas came from the spores and most Irinauts who had similar red masses growing from their bodies. It sticks to humans like a film, and turns us into as ghastly as a beast as the Irinaut species." He paused for a moment to adjust his glasses, "After being introduced to the spores, human's became aggressive. Some sort of growths began to form on them. It seemed to be living tissue capable of taking on a brain of its own. People began to mutate into these strange giant creatures. Ghastly truly." Doctor Garret walked back and forth as he went through the pictures, "They became the Irinaut's slaves. The only cure was extermination at this point."

Luna listened, looking over the pictures that he had to show. Some were of the Irinaut. Most were blurred due to their speed, but the ones that were not, involved rather gruesome scenes, "T-they destroyed our planet? W-what made them do this? Did we not try to communicate with them? P-peace even? Why did they come there in the first place?" She sat up in her chair. Luna's ears were ringing as he spoke. Everything was becoming such a blur to her, "What happened to this place?"

Professor Garret looked at Luna, seeming concerned as she spoke with a stutter, "The spores destroyed the planet. For nearly a thousand years, what humans and animals that did survive were driven into vaults in mountains or their own bunkers. At the time ships were already being built for possibly living in space. Once the ships were done with enough cryogenic pods, as many people as they could save were sent into ships to head for the Solar Sun, the largest ship know to man. This ship is capable of holding nearly half a million people. It took years to build. There are many like it as well. Much more farther out into space where we had attempted to escape the infection. Our mission is to get to these ships, and begin studying the lifeforms that are being held there..or at least, it was. Why they even came there was uncertain. We encountered them killing one another several times. Those with no infection oddly focused more on abducting potential mates and killing off their own infected that attempted to attack those without the spores."

"Was? What do you mean was? What's going on?" Jewel glanced over at Garret, "You said you had things to discuss with us, now would be the time to do it,"

Professor Garret tensed. The male lowered his head; his fingers began to twiddle with the remote in his hand, "The Solar Sun was attacked recently."

"What do you mean it was attacked?! That's fucking bullshit!" Bruno stood up, "You're telling me I've been asleep for two hundred years just to find out that our only chance of living is being over run by those fucking leech brains? No! I'll fucking dice those fuckers to pieces."

Luna stood quickly, taking a step back then forward. Her home was gone? "This isn't happening, you're kidding, right? W-we're fine, this isn't happening. Where am I even from? My name, it's all I-"

Luna!